Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

JASON ANDERSON CLAIMS THIRD OVERALL AT MONSTER ENERGY CUP

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JASON ANDERSON CLAIMS THIRD OVERALL AT MONSTER ENERGY CUP

An energized crowd filled the Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada as the world’s top two-wheeled athletes entered the arena in hopes of winning the Million Dollar purse. The unique race format consisted of three motos designated the “cup class” in which all invited 250 and 450 riders competed in the same field. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson kicked the night off in a dramatic way as he scored the holeshot in Moto 1 and crossed the finish line in first only to realize he forgot to take the mandatory joker lane. He was penalized five positions which took him down to 6th.

Heading into the second moto, Jason was certain to not make that mistake again and seek redemption. He launched out of the gate to claim another holeshot, leading every lap to the checkered flag, and deciding to joker on the last lap.

Coming from a low in Moto 1 to a high in Moto 2, Anderson conjured some more confidence and secured a remarkable third holeshot in Moto 3. He then battled with top contenders, Ryan Dungey and Ken Roczen, until settling into 3rd position.

The sixth, first, and third place finishes earned Jason 3rd overall but the three consecutive holeshots earned Jason the coveted holeshot award. Although the taste of a million dollars was so close, Jason was thrilled on his second and third moto redemptions and looks forward to the 2016 Supercross season. “Had a good night with getting three holeshots and a third overall. Missing the joker lane in the first race was really disappointing but a win in moto 2 made up for it. Starts usually are a struggle for me so holeshotting all three rounds is a huge plus”, said Anderson.

After a lengthy absence from Supercross style racing, teammate Christophe Pourcel showed promise throughout the evening as he finished 13th overall. “It was good to learn after not racing Supercross for a while. I made some beginner mistakes but I will focus on getting better for Supercross”, stated Pourcel.

Fellow teammates Zach Osborne and Martin Davalos traded up to the Husqvarna FC 350 for this unique event. Zach Osborne finished 15th overall in the premier cup class and Davalos was unable to finish after sustaining an injury during moto 1.

“Qualifying eighth was a good start for me especially since 250 and 450 riders are all mixed in the same class. I had an unfortunate crash with Martin and he ended up getting injured so I’m rather sad about that. Other than that I am okay with how it went and my bike was superb,” explained Osborne.

The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team now will focus heavily on training for the start of the 2016 AMA Supercross season in January.

Monster Energy Cup Class Overall Results:
1.Ken Roczen, Suzuki (1-4-1)
2.Ryan Dungey, KTM (2-5-2)
3.Jason Anderson, Husqvarna (6-1-3)
4.Justin Barcia, Yamaha (5-3-4)
5.Davi Millsaps, KTM (3-6-6)
6.Trey Canard, Honda (10-2-14)
7.Justin Brayton, KTM (11-7-12)
8.Blake Baggett, Suzuki (4-9-18)
9.Christian Craig, Honda (14-14-5)
10.Chad Reed, Yamaha (9-16-8)

Other Husqvarna: 13. Christophe Pourcel, Husqvarna (17-12-7) 15. Zach Osborne, Husqvarna (19-11-11) 22. Martin Davalos, Husqvarna (DNF)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.