Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI’S IDDON 4TH IN BRANDS BSB OPENER

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#BENNETTS #SUZUKI’S @IDDON 4TH IN BRANDS #BSB OPENER

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 17.

Christian Iddon took fourth place in the opening British Superbike race at the final round at the Brands Hatch ‘Triple-Header’ weekend today, narrowly missing-out on a podium finish.

Iddon qualified fourth onboard his Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 and made a good start from the head of the second row. He moved his way past Danny Buchan and onto the back of the fight for the podium.

For 20 laps of the Brands Hatch GP circuit, Iddon pressured John Hopkins for third place, but was unable to make a pass and took his second successive fourth place finish.

Christian Iddon:

“It's another good result and it's good to be near the front again. I didn't have a great feeling from the tyres initially, which is unlike us, but I hung in there in fourth and the feeling got better as the race went on. I was behind ‘Hopper’ and I was faster in some areas but we lost out in a couple, but in the end I couldn't get into a position to make a pass. I'm happy all in all, it's helped us keep our momentum up and I'll keep doing my best. We have a few things to work on for tomorrow, but today we've made another step with the bike and there's even more we can do with it. Just got to keep working.”

Josh Waters endured a difficult opening race to the weekend, finishing outside of the points in 19th place after running-on at Surtees.

Josh Waters:

“It was a hard race today. We were fighting to try and get some points but I ran-off track at Turn Four and that really ruined our race. It's been difficult to get a good set-up. We've struggled with it all season and the weather hasn't helped our cause so far this weekend. But we'll try something new and hopefully improve things tomorrow.”

Martin Halsall - Team Owner:

“Fourth place for Christian is a great result to start the weekend with, but what was even more important was that we had the pace for the full 20 laps and he was in the podium hunt for the whole race. The weekend started a bit slowly but the team found something for qualifying and Christian put in a great lap to head-up the second row. It was a long race around here but we were right there for the full race distance which shows how much progress we've made this season and how competitive the GSX-R1000 package still is, and we're still getting more-and-more out of it. We've got two more races to chase that podium finish, so we'll see where we can improve and go again tomorrow."

Brands Hatch BSB Race One Result: 1. Josh Brookes 2. Shane Byrne 3. John Hopkins 4. Christian Iddon (Bennetts Suzuki) 5. Lee Jackson. 19. Josh Waters (Bennetts Suzuki).
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.