Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ROCZEN SECOND AT RED BULL STRAIGHT RHYTHM

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@ROCZEN SECOND AT @REDBULL STRAIGHT RHYTHM

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 13.

RCH Suzuki’s Ken Roczen scored runner-up finish at Saturday’s Red Bull Straight Rhythm at the Pomona Fairplex.

The RCH Soaring Eagle/ Jimmy John’s/ Suzuki Factory Racing rider was the event’s fastest qualifier and advanced all the way through the 16-rider field to take on Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart in the final. Unfortunately, the 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Champion finished second to Stewart after a mistake in the opening moments of the second race of the final round handed the victory to the defending race winner.

Red Bull Straight Rhythm is an event unique to motocross where riders from Supercross, Pro Motocross and Arenacross disciplines come together to compete in two-man, head-to-head, bracket-style races on an “unwound" track, where there are no turns, just a half-mile, purpose- built, straight rhythm section.

“We qualified first on Saturday and ended up second in the main event,” explained Roczen. “I won all my heats and went head-to-head with James Stewart in the final. We had a really close battle in the first one and I got second. In the second one, I made a little mistake up front and I crossed the line and that automatically disqualified me from the second run. Overall, I love entertaining people and I’m just glad to be healthy. We had a lot of fun and that’s all you can ask for. I’m looking forward to next year.”

RCH entered a second bike for Ivan Tedesco but the retired three-time AMA champion was injured in a practice crash on Friday and was unable to compete in Saturday’s main event.

Broc Tickle will return to the saddle of his Suzuki RM-Z450 this weekend when the team competes in the fifth running of the Monster Energy Cup at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas.

The Monster Energy Cup showcases the world’s top Supercross riders in a head to-head battle for the coveted Monster Energy Cup and the chance to win $1 million. Unlike any other race, the Monster Energy Cup challenges riders to compete in three, 10-lap main events on a unique track inspired by RCH co-owner and five-time Supercross Class Champion Ricky Carmichael.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.