Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Evans Wins Maiden SX in GYTR Yamaha 1-2 Finish

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Evans Wins Maiden SX in @GYTR @Yamaha 1-2 Finish

#GYTR #Yamaha's Mitch Evans has won his first ever supercross after a dominant display at round one of the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship, held at Bathurst Showgrounds on Saturday Night.
Evans lead home team mate Jordan Hill making it a 1-2 finish for the GYTR Yamaha team at the opening round and a great start to the 2015 SXD championship for both riders.

Evans barely put a wheel wrong all night and looked on song from the moment the bikes hit the track on Saturday afternoon. He posted good times in his qualifying sessions and then when the gates dropped in first of two motos for the night in the SXD category, Evans pinched the lead in the opening stages and never looked back to take a five second win.

Race two played out much the same with Evans assuming control on the opening lap and riding with good speed to build a gap over the rest of the field. He stayed calm in the later stages as the rutted and soft surface of the Bathurst track deteriorated and took a well-earned win.

Not only was this the first supercross for the Cairns based racer, it was also his first time riding under lights so it was a night of many firsts for Evans.

"Well, I think I like this supercross thing," Evans laughed at the end of the night. "After the MX Nationals finished we got to work right away on getting set up for supercross and the hard work is paying off.

"A huge thanks to the team for the effort they put in and also to my family and the Richardson family back in Cairns for helping me with me riding and getting a good training track up and running.

"I liked the night time atmosphere and the track tonight was pretty tough as it was rutty in a lot of the jumps and it fell apart as the race went on so you had to watch your lines and stay focused. It was good to get the win tonight and it's a great start for the championship with both Jordan and myself on the podium," Evans ends.

Jordan Hill slotted his GYTR Yamaha into the number two spot on the night with two good rides, shadowing Evans for the majority of the event. Hill has been called into the GYTR Yamaha team late in the piece after 2015 MX Nationals champ, Wilson Todd, had knee surgery so it was a good start for Hill as he got accustomed to his new bike and team.

"Second is a good start to the championship and with only four rounds for SXD, it's important to get a good result every round. I struggled a little in the first race when the track was wet from the rain and I didn't flow and my corner speed was a bit off, but race two was better, I just needed to get a couple of sections a bit cleaner so I could really pressure Mitch.

"But, second is good and hopefully the start of better things to come as I get to know the bike and the team better," Hill said.

The 2015 SXD championship is contested over four rounds with Adelaide the next in the series for the U19 riders, on October 31.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.