Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

APRILIA AND LORENZO SAVADORI DOMINATE THE SUPERSTOCK 1000 FIM CUP

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@APRILIA AND LORENZO @SAVADORI DOMINATE THE #SUPERSTOCK 1000 FIM CUP
ANOTHER ADDITION TO THE VICTORIOUS HERITAGE OF THE #RSV4

October 5, 2015 - The last round of the season held at Magny-Cours crowned Superstock 1000 FIM Champions, Lorenzo Savadori and the Aprilia RSV4 RF. The duo, which in their first year in the category, from the very first practice sessions, showed speed, reliability and great teamwork in all the decisive moments. With the support of Aprilia Racing and Team Nuova M2, Savadori rode the V4 from Veneto to its first victory in the category for bikes which are closely derived from the factory street versions, adding a fundamental peg to the victorious sports heritage of the RSV4.

Since its 2009 début in World Superbike, the RSV4 has won 7 World titles (3 Rider, 4 Manufacturer) as its street version followed a parallel path, winning all of the most important comparative tests conducted by the international specialized press. The value of a bike developed to astonish is now being confirmed as well in MotoGP. In fact, while awaiting the début of the Aprilia prototype in 2016, models derived from the RSV4 (ART and RS-GP) have shown their worth against bikes specifically designed for the top category in motorcycle racing.

This is a unique and victorious heritage that one of the "fathers" of the RSV4 project, Romano Albesiano, Aprilia Racing Manager, is proud of: "Superstock 1000 was one of our main objectives this season. It establishes the merits of the RSV4 in the category for bikes closely derived from the factory street versions after having clearly demonstrated them both in World Superbike and in the factory comparative tests. We supported Team Nuova M2, helping out Lorenzo Savadori and Kevin Calia as best we could. Lorenzo was very good from the start, achieving the goal we had aimed for and Kevin's great improvement, culminating with his second place finish at Magny-Cours, confirms the quality of our project once again. The story of the RSV4 is one of a kind in the street sportbike world: victorious in Superbike, victorious on the road, at the top of Superstock and capable of showing its worth in a version which is vastly modified but that still maintains its peculiar characteristics in MotoGP as well. This is a result that makes us very proud and that pays tribute to the great job done by Aprilia."

Lorenzo Savadori: "The Magny-Cours race went as expected. Along with my mechanics we had decided to push hard in the first laps and then to set our pace and bring home our main objective. I didn't want to take any risks given the good margin we had coming into the final round. This was a great season for us. We started with a new project but Aprilia, Team Nuova M2 and I gave it our all from the very beginning. We believed in it and the feeling with the RSV4 RF was incredible. I still need to get my head around this victory. After the checkered flag all the various post-race events began, so in the next few days I'll be able to enjoy this important result more."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.