Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

IDDON & BENNETTS SUZUKI FRONT-ROW AT SILVERSTONE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@IDDON & @BENNETTS #SUZUKI FRONT-ROW AT @SILVERSTONE

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 3.

Christian Iddon will start from the front row of the grid for tomorrow's opening British Superbike race at Silverstone, after setting the third fastest time in qualifying onboard his Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 today.

After making a big-step with bike's set-up in the final free practice session, Iddon comfortably progressed from the opening qualifying session in seventh place, before setting the sixth-fastest time in Q2.

With the pace increasing in every session, he set his fastest lap of the weekend in the third and final qualifying session and will start from the inside of the front row for tomorrow's first race.

Christian Iddon:

"I'm really happy with that and it's the result of a lot of hard work from the team. I'm excited for tomorrow but it's only qualifying so not going over the top. But I said before we've got five races left to show what we can do and hopefully this is the start of doing that. We've been making changes throughout the weekend and I've got a race-ready bike I'm happy with. We'll make a few tweaks for warm-up but I'm happy with most of the track. We've also done a few runs on the same tyre to try and improve tyre-wear after Assen. I don't think we're badly-placed and we should be in with a shout tomorrow."

Josh Waters progressed from the opening qualifying session and into Q2 after exploring some different set-up options and evaluating some new components in practice.

Despite an improved pace in practice, it didn't quite come together in qualifying and the double Australian Superbike Champion will start from 15th on the grid.

Josh Waters:

"I'm feeling good. We kept improving the bike from Assen but also got some new components to try this weekend, so we've been evaluating those. Our pace is better than our final qualifying position. We put a new tyre midway through Q2 but with the format being how it is and the sessions so short, I didn't get the chance to put it a hot lap on it. But I think our race-pace is good and think we can do a good job over race distance tomorrow."

Team Owner Martin Halsall was delighted with the team's first front row qualifying. He said: "We always knew the potential was there and it feels brilliant to finally get onto the front row of the grid. It's been a long time coming and after struggling with illness, injury and bad luck at the other rounds, I'm delighted to see the Bennetts Suzuki where we know it should be. Everyone in the team has worked hard this season to get to grips with the bike and keep improving it over the year, and Christian's done a super job this weekend. However, the job's not done yet and we're looking forward to fighting at the front tomorrow.

"Josh is in a good place and has been having a positive weekend so far. The one-lap pace was so fast out there in qualifying that it's nudged him further back on the grid, but there have been some more improvements this weekend so far and if he can get away in the races his race pace should be good enough for some decent results tomorrow."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.