Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Brookes Bids To Extend Championship Lead At Silverstone

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brookes Bids To Extend Championship Lead At @Silverstone

Josh Brookes and the #Milwaukee @Yamaha team arrive at Silverstone this weekend for the penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship leading the standings by 28 points and determined to extend their advantage.
Brookes had the best possible start to the Showdown at Assen last time out, winning both of the races in commanding style and the Australian is ready to come out fighting again this weekend at the high-speed Northamptonshire circuit.
Jakub Smrz gets his second round underway feeling positive of further improvement after his first appearance at Assen, claiming a top ten finish.

Josh Brookes

"I think from around Thruxton and Cadwell Park we were in the same kind of way as we were at Assen; I have a lot of confidence in the bike and the team and I hope that we can take the momentum we had at Assen into this weekend at Silverstone and keep it going. I am not being cocky about it because for instance at Oulton Park we thought we would be in a better place on the second time around and look what happened there.
"I think everyone is going to be trying hard this weekend for sure, but you can only have willingness and then the rest is down to what happens during the weekend on the track. I just need to be on my guard; I think on a championship level I need to be mindful of where my competition is, but on a personal level I only have desire to win."

Jakub Smrz

"In Assen everything went pretty well and even though the weather was not ideal to have lot of track time in the same conditions, we did good job. That was thanks to the great work and help from all of the Milwaukee Yamaha crew I found a better way to ride the R1 but there is still a lot to change in my riding style to get faster. Now we are heading to Silverstone which is one of my favourite tracks too and I want to continue our good work. My goal is to continue with steady progress and try to get into the top five."

2015 BSB United Kingdom

Silverstone 01/10/2015

Circuit Length:
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.