Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Morillas Racing School Moves on to Magny-Cours For Superstock Season Climax

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Morillas #Racing School Moves on to @Magny-Cours For #Superstock Season Climax

After a very successful outing for Yamaha in Jerez a fortnight ago that saw three YZF-R1M's in the top six, Morillas Racing School (MRS) Yamaha Team is eager to head to Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours for the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup showdown at the Fassi French Round.
With Morillas Racing School (MRS) Yamaha Team riders Kev Coghlan and Florian Marino are unable to attend the eighth and final Superstock 1000 FIM Cup race due to injuries, the team will kick off the weekend with two replacement riders who arrive fresh from success in the STK class of the Superbike*IDM International German Championship.

One of the riders filling in is Lukas Trautmann, who already took part in the previous Superstock 1000 FIM Cup race in Jerez, scoring an impressive sixth place. Last weekend the Austrian youngster concluded his rookie season in the STK class of Superbike*IDM aboard a YZF-R1M similar to the one he will be riding on this weekend. The nineteen year old secured a third place in the overall IDM championship standings and looks forward to another challenge this weekend, as he aims to fight for top results.

Freshly crowned Superbike*IDM International German Championship Superstock1000 World Champion, Mathieu Gines, is also certainly no stranger to the Yamaha. Not only did he shine in the competitive field of the International German Superstock Championship, he also honourably defended the FIM Endurance World Championship (EWC) Title aboard the GMT94 Yamaha YZF-R1, missing out by just 22 points. Still on a high from last weekend's results when he rode his Team Langenscheidt by Fast Bike Service's YZF-R1M to a double victory to take first in the German STK championship, he hopes to score another top result this weekend at Magny-Cours.
The 4.411 km long circuit Nevers Magny-Cours Grand Prix track was built in 1960 and hosts testing programmes, technical tests and commercial events for both cars and bikes all year round. The track is famous for having staged the Formula One French Grand Prix from 1991 to 2008 and the Bol d'Or endurance race from 2000 to 2014. Riders from around the world enjoy its very technical lay out that includes nine left corners and eleven right, offering plenty of overtaking possibilities that motorsport fans don't want to miss out on.

Lukas Trautmann
"This year is my first 1000cc season and 2014 was my first 600cc season, but the step to the 1000cc with the new YZF-R1 was not so big because it behaves like a 600cc bike, just with a little bit more power. You get to have fun on the bike because Yamaha especially managed to make the riding comfortable with 200 horsepower. I look forward to racing this weekend. Mathieu is also riding and I think we can get a pretty good result. In Jerez we worked really hard. It was unfortunate that it clashed with the FIM Endurance World Championship and we were missing some team members because of it. I tried to manage as well as possible and it was hard work, but it paid off. The bike's potential was really high. I'm positive we can start in Magny-Cours in the top ten and not the top twenty, that will be the biggest step. I've never been to the Magny-Cours circuit before, so I spoke to Mathieu earlier and said "Please tow me around, because I've no idea what the track looks like". I look forward to it."

Mathieu Gines
"This race is a great way to finish the season, riding the last race of the Superstock Championship for a French team at a fun track. I know Magny-Cours well and I look forward to the race. It is nice to have Lukas there, he's a young and fast rider. It's a great opportunity for him and for me I am happy to take part in the French round, see some friends and have a good race."

2015 STK1000 France

Magny Cours 01/10/2015

Circuit Length:
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.