Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI READY FOR SILVERSTONE BSB

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BENNETTS #SUZUKI READY FOR @SILVERSTONE @BSB

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 1.

The Bennetts Suzuki team is aiming to cause an upset at Silverstone this weekend, and get in amongst the Showdown challengers at round 11 of the British Superbike championship.

After enjoying a positive showing last time out at Assen, which saw further developments to the team's GSX-R1000s and Christian Iddon challenging for a podium finish in both races, the Bennetts Suzuki team is looking to continue that progress at Silverstone.

Despite missing the cut for the Showdown, the team has worked hard in its debut year with the Suzuki GSX-R1000 to find a solid set-up for both Iddon and Josh Waters. Aiming for a successful end to the season to highlight the potential of both the team and the GSX-R package, the focus is squarely on interfering with the Showdown challengers as much as possible and getting in amongst the battle for the podium positions.

Christian Iddon:

"We're all set for the weekend. We were in the mix at Assen and were looking good. The bike was working well but there's more to come still. We've suffered a bit with rear tyre wear which ultimately ended our podium challenges at Assen, so we've got another avenue settings-wise to explore this weekend. But the circuit's fast and flowing and should suit the bike well, so we'll step it up again and hopefully be up there come race day."

Josh Waters:

"I'm really looking forward to this weekend. We've struggled a bit this year with finding the right set-up but at Oulton we made a big step, and Assen was really good. We made lots of little changes over the weekend and our pace was a lot better. Sadly it was frustrating in the end and I need to work on my starts because if I'd got away better we could have had some better results. But once you're in a fight in this championship it's so hard to get away because everyone around is such a good rider. But this weekend the weather looks good, we've got a good place to start from on Friday and the circuit should suit the bike, so hopefully we can have three good practice sessions and have an enjoyable weekend."

Martin Halsall - Team Owner:

"Assen was good for us. Christian was in amongst the fight for the podium in both races, highlighting the progress we've made this season. Unfortunately we didn't finish in the right positions that weekend and there were still areas for us to improve, but the team has been hard at work again since then to give us the best chance possible of getting closer to the very front and spoiling the Showdown for some people.

"The Silverstone circuit should again play to the strengths of the GSX-R, so we're confident of more progress, more improvements and strong results from both Christian and Josh as we look to have a good final two rounds this season."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.