Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Redmond Leads the Way

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Redmond Leads the Way

The @Beta factory team was hard at it last weekend racing both the National Enduro back East and the Endurocross out West.

Kyle Redmond led the team in results by finishing sixth in Sacramento, California at the Endurocross. The event was billed as being one of the toughest tracks so far this season which put many of the top contenders on the ground. Redmond's teammate Max Gerston had a rare stroke of bad luck as a crash on the first lap of the main event damaged his throttle housing. The repair took a few minutes causing him to finish a couple laps down from the leaders in 13th place. Redmond and Gerston sit fifth and sixth in the points chase.
"Sacramento was a little rough. I was plagued with 1st turn crashes even though I was riding well and felt solid on the bike. A broken throttle caused by a crash kept me from having a good ride in the main event. My result was definitely not a reflection of what I feel I am capable of. I am hungry and ready for redemption in Denver." Gerston comments.

Morgan Tanke finished 5th in the main event in her first race on the new Xtrainer. A fall on the second lap moved her from second to fifth. The Riverside, California resident was looking very quick up until the fall.

Newcomer to the Pro team Ty Cullins had an off night and failed to make the main. Cullins will no doubt redeem himself in Denver this weekend as the 16 year old does not like to sit out main events.

The East coast team had only two of their three racers present at Round 9 of the National Enduro series held in Lynnville, Indiana as Jesse Groemm sat out the event due to an illness. Cory Buttrick and Justin Sode finished 8th and 18th overall. Buttrick had a strong showing in the third special test finishing in second.

Buttrick explains, "Conditions were very dry an dusty making it an extremely tricky course. It was hard to ride confident on those narrow ridges in the dust, not to mention a handful of downed logs an rocks. Even with it being slick & powdery my Kendas made excellent traction while my 430 RR was laying down the power. I am really looking forward to the final round in Mathews, Indiana as its one of my favorite tracks."

Buttrick sits sixth in the series points looking for a podium finish at the final Round October 11th.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.