Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha Racing aiming to end 2015 Enduro World Championship on a high

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Yamaha #Racing aiming to end 2015 #Enduro World Championship on a high

Fresh off an impressive set of results at the recent FIM International Six Days Enduro in Slovakia, Yamaha Racing's Cristobal Guerrero and Marc Bourgeois are ready to end their 2015 Enduro World Championship campaigns on a high in France this coming weekend.
Being held in the small, rural town of Requista, the GP of France marks the seventh and final round of this year's EWC series. And with spirits high among Yamaha Racing's supported riders, all are looking for top results in the highly competitive Enduro 1 category.
Currently fifth overall in the Enduro 1 standings, Yamaha France's Marc Bourgeois heads to his home round of the series eager to impress. Always ultra-competitive on traditional, grassy special tests that the French round of the EWC annually serves up, the Frenchman is keen to put his Yamaha WR250F back on the podium and secure his position of fifth overall in the championship standings.
Guerrero sits seventh behind Bourgeois in the championship classification. Hampered by niggling injuries and a number of issues during the events held to date, it's been a tough season for the Team Yamaha Miglio rider. Motivated by his third place Enduro 1 class result at the ISDE, Guerrero enters the closing round of the EWC determined to set things right and repeat the podium result he secured at round two in Spain.
Reaching the end of his rookie season of EWC competition, Guerrero's teammate Gianluca Martini currently sits eighth in Enduro 1. Consistently putting his WR250F inside the top ten, the young Italian has impressed with his ability to deal with the changing terrain of the championship.
The final round of the Enduro World Championship takes place in Requista, France on October 2-4.

Cristobal Guerrero

"The ISDE was a big confidence boost for me. The conditions in Slovakia were tough and demanding but I rode strong all week. Ending the race as the third fastest Enduro 1 rider was brilliant and has given me a lot of motivation heading into the final round of the EWC in France. It's been a tough championship with some ups and downs but I feel good, I'm riding well so I will give it my best to deliver a strong result."

Gianluca Martini

"I'm excited to go to the final round of the championship in France. It's been a long year but I feel like I've learned a lot and improved as a rider. My results have been consistent and I think that was important for me. France will be tough but I'm looking forward to the challenge."

Marc Bourgeois
"I always look forward to the French round of the EWC. As a home round it adds a lot of extra motivation to succeed. At the ISDE my speed was strong in conditions that should be similar to Requista. With home support behind me, I'll give it my best effort to sign off the year with a podium result."

2015 Enduro World Championship Standings (After Round Six)

Enduro 1 class
1. Eero Remes (TM) 221pts
2. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 214pts
3. Daniel McCanney (Husqvarna) 157pts
5. Marc Bourgeois (Yamaha) 134pts
7. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 101pts
8. Gianluca Martini (Yamaha) 83pts

2015 Enduro 1 France

Requista 28/09/2015

Circuit Length:
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.