totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MARIA HERRERA SHINES AT ARAGON MOTO3

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MARIA HERRERA SHINES AT #ARAGON #MOTO3 BEST SEASON’S FINISH FOR @HUSQVARNA LAGLISSE #RIDER

Husqvarna Laglisse riders Maria Herrera displayed her potential in the MotoGP Moto3 GP at the MotorLand Aragon circuit on Sunday when she rode from a 30th place on the grid to 14th overall, her best finish since joining the team.

Herrera riding on a circuit that is familiar to her from the CEV Championships showed particular fighting spirit. She and four other riders received a three- grid position penalty after a rule infringement during qualifying on Saturday. Herrera was able to put that behind her and concentrate on the race and it paid off for her. As early as lap three of the 20-lap race she had advanced to nineteenth place and continued to improve as the race progressed and at one point was fighting for eleventh at the front of the following group of riders.

Maria Herrera: “It was a tough fight because the group was very large and I had to try to control the situation. I was able to overtake several riders up to the last lap but in the end I had a touch and that made me lose some positions. I am happy with the team’s work, the bike responded well and I was able to ride the way I wanted.”

Herrera’s efforts drew praise from team boss Gelete Nieto, who commented: “Maria made a spectacular comeback after starting at thirtieth and finishing 14th. She fought a lot. She is happy and so is the team.”

Husqvarna Laglisse Teammate Lorenzo Dalla Porta of Italy, who joined the team only after the summer break also performed well and was in also in the running to pick up world championship points. However a race incident in the final lap left him back at 24th place.

Also riding in the team colours this weekend as a wild card entry was Italian Davide Pizzoli who finished 26th. Pizzoli’s weekend was all about gathering experience alongside World Championship riders, and for preparation for the final stage of the FIM CEV Championship.
Teams now travel to Motegi, Japan for the first of three overseas races on October 11.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.