Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

GP OF USA CONCLUDES HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES’ 2015 MXGP CAMPAIGN

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

GP OF #USA CONCLUDES #HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES’ 2015 #MXGP CAMPAIGN

@Husqvarna Motorcycles’ participation in the 2015 FIM World Motocross Championship drew to a close over the weekend as the historical hills of Glen Helen Raceway played host to the final round of the MXGP series.

A championship that during the first nine rounds delivered so much for Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Max Nagl, the season closing GP of USA frustratingly ended with little reward for the German. Forced to retire from the opening moto, a crash damaged bike then forced Nagl out of the second moto.

The man to beat for the first half of the season, Nagl held a comfortable championship lead after claiming five moto wins and securing 13 podium finishes. Picking up an ankle injury at round ten of the series, Nagl was then forced to sit out the next five GPs. Fighting all the way till the end of the championship the German’s tough closing GP summed up what’s been a challenging return from injury for the experienced MXGP campaigner.

Nagl rounded out the season sixth overall in the MXGP class standings.

Making his debut MXGP outing Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing's Jason Anderson earned a highly positive fourth place finish in moto one. Making his first competitive outing on Husqvarna’s 2016 FC 450, Anderson started the moto outside the top 10 before steadily working his way forward to secure a strong fourth place result. The American was forced to retire while running fifth in moto two.

In MX2 Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Harri Kullas had a highly positive start to the GP of USA ending up fourth in Saturday’s qualifying race. A great jump from the gate in the opening moto saw Kullas inside the leading pack with the Finn riding a strong race to finish seventh. Earning another seventh from moto two Kullas ended the GP of USA eighth overall. As a replacement for the injured Aleksandr Tonkov for the last seven rounds Kullas finished the season 17th in MX2.

Under the scorching Californian heat Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Dean Ferris didn’t have a good start in his opening MXGP moto, fighting his way from outside the top 20 to claim an 18th place finish. A small crash on lap one didn’t stop Ferris’ moto two efforts with the Australian again fighting from way back to end up 14th. Points collected from the GP of USA helped Ferris wrap up the season 11th in the MXGP series standings.

The GP of USA was a tough one for Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Todd Waters with the Australian finishing in 19th place in the opening moto. Around a more physically demanding track in moto two Waters placed 13th and rounded out his season ninth in MXGP.

Husqvarna Motorcycles’ riders are now set to represent their respective countries at the Motocross of Nations on September 26/27 in France.

Max Nagl: “I think this final GP of the championship is in some way typical of what’s been a very tough second half of the championship for me – one where my riding has been good but things outside of my control have decided my results. Retiring from the opening moto was hugely disappointing for all the team, and such a rare thing for us. The track was awesome at Glen Helen so I really wanted to end the series as strongly as possible, but it wasn’t to be. In the second moto got quite a good start, dropped a few positions, but worked back to around sixth when I had a huge crash. I hit some trackside advertising signage and crashed over the bars. I lost the clutch and rear brake levers, so it was impossible to continue. As a team we achieved so much this season, so to end it like this is very disappointing.”

Todd Waters: “Like everyone I was looking for a positive end to the 2015 MXGP series. The second half of the championship hasn't gone as well as I’d hoped, so I really wanted a strong finish. Unfortunately I had an issue in the first race, which meant I wasn’t able to charge like I wanted to. I stalled the bike in one corner and things just didn't come together. In the second moto I just didn't have what I needed for a better result. Like I said it’s a frustrating end to the championship for me. This year I achieved pretty much all of the goals I set myself – top five results, a podium, ending the year healthily – and I owe the team so much for that.”

Antti Pyrhönen (Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing team manager): “There have been so many positives for us this season. Winning GPs with Max and holding the championship leader’s red plate for as long as he did was incredible. Also, Todd’s return from injury to finish inside the top 10 in MXGP and end the series healthily was hugely positive. We learned so much this season through the good times but also during the second half of the season following Max’ injury. Working with both Max and Todd is a real inspiration for me as they are both incredibly motivated athletes. Thank you to all of our sponsors, partners, supporters, and to all of the hard working team staff. And a huge thank you to Husqvarna Motorcycles.”

Jason Anderson: “Competing in the US GP has been a real learning experience for me. I felt like I rode well, but coming from behind in both motos was tough. The first race ended well for me in fourth, which was good. I got a little tired in the second moto and things didn't go so great but I enjoyed the experience.”

Results – FIM Motocross World Championship, Round 18

MXGP Overall
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 47pts; 2. Josh Grant (Kawasaki) 45pts; 3. Cooper Webb (Yamaha) 42pts… 10. Jason Anderson (Husqvarna) 18pts… 17. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 10pts; 18. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 10pts… 23. Jesper Jonsson (Husqvarna) 2pts

MXGP Race 1
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 15 laps, 35:54.457; 2. Cooper Webb (Yamaha) 35:55.181; 3. Josh Grant (Kawasaki) 36:17.826; 4. Jason Anderson (Husqvarna) 36:29.099... 18. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 37:38.702; 19. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 37:44.324

MXGP Race 2
1. Josh Grant (Kawasaki) 15laps, 36:17.374; 2. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 36:29.995; 3. Cooper Webb (Yamaha) 36:34.506… 13. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 37:55.987; 14. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 38:04.909… 19. Jesper Jonsson (Husqvarna) 14 laps, 36:49.219

MX2 Overall
1. Jessy Nelson (KTM) 50pts; 2. Shane McElrath (KTM) 42pts; 3. Valentin Guillod (Yamaha) 36pts… 8. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 28pts

MX2 Race 1
1. Jessy Nelson (KTM) 15 laps, 36:33.129; 2. Chris Alldredge (Kawasaki) 36:45.986; 3. Shane McElrath (KTM) 36:51.718… 7. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 37:11.456

MX2 Race 2
1. Jessy Nelson (KTM) 15 laps, 36:37.196; 2. Shane McElrath (KTM) 36:42.407; 3. Valentin Guillod (Yamaha) 37:09.523... 7. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 37:29.499

Championship Final Standings

MXGP
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 735pts; 2. Gautier Paulin (Honda) 592pts; 3. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 567pts… 6. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 442pts… 9. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 354pts; 11. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 294pts… 23. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 95pts… 30. Rui Goncalves (Husqvarna) 39pts… 35. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 23pts… 38. Jason Anderson (Husqvarna) 18pts… 61. Jesper Jonsson (Husqvarna) 6pts

MX2
1. Tim Gajser (Honda) 589pts; 2. Pauls Jonass (KTM) 564pts; 3. Max Anstie (Kawasaki) 537pts… 14. Aleksandr Tonkov (Husqvarna) 256pts… 17. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 181pts… 28. Anton Lundgren (Husqvarna) 50pts… 40. Grisha Maykal Ivanov (Husqvarna) 13pts… 47. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 7pts
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.