Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI SETS SIGHTS ON ASSEN SUCCESS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BENNETTS #SUZUKI SETS SIGHTS ON #ASSEN SUCCESS

Team #Suzuki Press Office – September 17.

The Bennetts Suzuki team is set for Assen and round 10 of the MCE British Superbike championship this weekend with both Josh Waters and Christian Iddon aiming for a strong showing at a circuit they have both enjoyed success at.

Josh Waters took a race win in 2014 at the historic venue onboard Suzuki GSX-R1000 machinery, while Christian Iddon qualified on pole position the same weekend. With more development and new components making their way onto the Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000s at Assen, both the team and riders are hoping to make even more progress with the set-ups of the bikes, and have a successful end to the season.

Christian Iddon:

"Assen's a circuit I enjoy and it's a good round of the championship. I was on pole last year and Josh won a race, so we've definitely got form there and I'm feeling good about it. Even though the GSX-R has been raced in BSB before, as a team we've been learning a lot about the bike this season and we've always been improving. We've got some further developments for Assen too, which I'm excited about. We've had small but recurring issues with our set-up this season but the team has been working really hard to find solutions, and everyone's determined to have a good final few rounds of the season to show what we can really achieve."

Josh Waters:

"I'm looking forward to Assen this weekend. I like the circuit and obviously I've got some really good memories of winning there last year. It's a fast circuit and its nature should hopefully really suit the GSX-R. Everyone in the team has been working hard, even when the results haven't been coming and we've made progress over the season, so hopefully we can start well on Friday and enjoy a good weekend's racing."

Despite a challenging campaign to date, with bad luck also playing its part throughout the year, team owner Martin Halsall is ensuring there's no let-up in effort as the season draws to a close, and is confident of a positive end to the season to highlight just how much potential there is in the team and its GSX-R1000 package.

Martin Halsall:

"It's no secret it's been a bit of a learning year for us. It's been our first year with Suzuki and the GSX-R, but everyone in the team has been working hard to find the right set-up at each track and for two riders and we'll continue to do so until the final round at Brands Hatch. We have been making progress all season and have been developing the bikes all the time, and have been robbed of some strong results by cruel misfortune. But with three rounds to go we're looking for a strong run-in, starting this weekend at Assen, to showcase to everyone just where we know we can be when it all comes together for us.

"The fast and flowing nature of Assen should suit the bikes, and both Josh and Christian have enjoyed some success here too. If we can make a solid start from the first free practice session on Friday and have a good qualifying, there's no reason we can't be up there on Sunday."

The first British Superbike free practice session gets underway at 10:15 on Friday September 18th, with qualifying taking place from 16:00 on Saturday, with racing commencing at 12:25 on Sunday.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.