Yamaha Reigns in MotoAmerica Racing Series as Beaubier Brings Home the 2015 Superbike Championship Title

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha Reigns in MotoAmerica Racing Series as Beaubier Brings Home the 2015 Superbike Championship Title

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Yamaha Reigns in @MotoAmerica #Racing Series as @Beaubier Brings Home the 2015 #Superbike Championship Title

@Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha's Cameron Beaubier underlined Yamaha Motor's 60 Year Anniversary last weekend at New Jersey Motorsports Park by becoming the first rider to secure the Superbike Championship victory in the inaugural MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Championship Series.
The youngster had to fight to the final round in what used to be the AMA Pro Road Racing series to secure the title from four-time and defending Superbike Champion Josh Hayes, who is also his teammate. The friendly rivals both had an impressive run over this year's nine rounds and clearly proved the incredible potential of the brand-new YZF-R1; the new Supersport model remained undefeated over the entire 18-races long season.
The first outing of the inaugural Superbike class offered a unique sight as both the Yamaha Superbike and Superstock riders rode with a special yellow-and-black livery to celebrate Yamaha Motor's 60 year anniversary. As the race got underway it became clear that Hayes wasn't going to give up his crown easily. He gave his all in the first race, with a slight drizzle adding to the excitement. The veteran rider went on to win ahead of Beaubier in second place, moving him within 13 points of the lead in the championship.
The final Superbike showdown saw more of the same from Hayes as he kept up his dominant form and took 25-points for a second time that weekend, lifting his total to ten race victories over Beaubier's eight. However Beaubier kept his head cool and rode a calculated race, bringing his Yamaha YZF-R1 Superbike across the finish line in third place in the Superbike class to win the Championship by four points over his teammate.
The battle for the MotoAmerica Superstock 1000 Championship also went down to the wire for RoadRace Factory/Yamaha rider Jake Gagne. He dominated aboard his Yamaha YZF-R1 and secured the 2015 title in style with his 12th and 13th race victory out of nine rounds this season. His claim of the title made it a triple glory for Yamaha in the MotoAmerica Series. Yamalube/Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha's JD Beach had already secured the Supersport crown at the previous round at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, ahead of fellow Yamaha YZF-R6 riders Josh Herrin and Garrett Gerloff, who finished second and third in the championship standings respectively.

Cameron Beaubier
"I was doing everything I could to not risk crashing in that race! I was definitely riding pretty timid. I got out there in the beginning of the race, and I made a couple of mistakes, so I decided to focus on not making any mistakes. It's a dream come true for me to win the Championship in my second year on a Superbike and my first year with this brand-new YZF-R1. Josh is an awesome teammate and a great Champion. He's helped me so much."

Josh Hayes
"I'm super-proud to win both races today. This was one of the hardest races I've ever had here, and I gave it all I had. Congratulations to Cam. My bad days were just a little worse than his bad days this season and, over the course of 9 rounds and 18 races, those are the things that cost you the Championship. Cam rode well all year long, and I'm proud of what he accomplished. If someone other than me is going to win the Championship, I'm glad it's my teammate."

Jake Gagne
"It's been a great year for me on this all-new Yamaha YZF-R1. Hats off to my hard-working RoadRace Factory team. They gave me a great bike all year long."

Final Standing
MotoAmerica Superbike Championship

1. Cameron Beaubier - Yamaha, 372 points
2. Josh Hayes - Yamaha, 368 points
3. Roger Hayden, 281 points
4. Jake Lewis, 223 points
5. Elena Myers, 152 points

MotoAmerica Superstock 1000 Championship

1. Jake Gagne - Yamaha, 344 points
2. Taylor Knapp - Yamaha, 284 points
3. Mark Heckles - Yamaha, 225 points
4. Josh Day - Yamaha, 203 points
5. Tyler O'Hara - Yamaha 169 points

MotoAmerica Supersport Championship

1. JD Beach - Yamaha, 310 points
2. Josh Herrin - Yamaha, 255 points
3. Garrett Gerloff - Yamaha, 250 points
4. David Anthony, 158 points
5. Tomas Puerta - Yamaha, 137 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.