Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Florian Marino Injury Update

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Florian @Marino #Injury Update

Morillas Racing School (MRS) Yamaha Team Rider Florian Marino has successfully undergone a second surgery on his left forearm on Thursday the 10th of September at IM2S - Medical and surgical orthopedic institute of Monaco. Surgeon Dr. Bruno Lussiez has led the three-hour operation and expects the 22 year-old Frenchman to make a full recovery in two months' time.

Marino broke his left wrist four months ago, following a high-speed crash at the fifth Superstock 1000 FIM Cup Grand Prix in Imola. He decided to refrain from racing after his first operation until the seventh Grand Prix in Portimão where he bravely rode through the pain with surgical plates in his arm to secure 11th place. He was hopeful to repeat his achievement at the following GP of Misano, but decided not to take part in the race after he suffered a crash during a practice session and damaged the bone in his forearm once more.
Over the last few months the condition of his arm injury has not improved as hoped, leaving him with no other option than to sit out the remaining two rounds in order to fully recover for the start of the 2016 season.

Teammate Kev Coghlan is also recovering from an injury. He broke seven thoracic vertebra six weeks ago when he suffered a crash whilst riding as a replacement rider in the Superbike*IDM International German Championship. He also won't take part in the final two rounds, but is making good progress and looks forward to getting back onboard an engine-powered bike.

Team MRS Yamaha will welcome Lukas Trautmann, who holds third place in the Superstock class of the Superbike*IDM International German Championship, and Mathew Scholtz, who is currently second in the 2015 DEOD SuperGP Champions Trophy standings, as replacement riders in at the Grand Prix of Jerez on the 20th of September.

Yamaha wishes Marino a speedy recovery and hopes to see him back on the bike soon.

Florian Marino

"It is with great regret that I announce the end of my 2015 season. I had a big crash in Misano and decided to go back home and the surgeon told me there was a chance to start riding again after a couple of months, so we had to wait. Unfortunately when I visited my surgeon last week for the final check up before Jerez, the results of the scans made clear that the bone in my forearm didn't recover as we had expected. In fact the bone was kind of bended and this didn't help because it moved the screws within the fracture. For this reason I had a lot of pain and what followed was a long discussion, but ultimately, keeping the 2016 season in mind, having the surgery was the safest choice. It was a difficult decision but if I didn't have the surgery I would have had to sit and wait and it may have never recovered. What they did was take out the surgical material, make the bone straight again and insert a pin. They said I can start riding again in two months, but I might be able to start earlier.
"I would like to thank all the members of the team MRS for their great work in the workshop, during each test session and at every race, as well as while developing the new Yamaha YZF-R1. I also want to thank them for their support, which has always been there since the beginning. Furthermore, I would like to thank Yamaha for their support and assistance in the development of the new bike. I'm also very grateful to all the sponsors of the team that made this season possible, as well as the fans, my personal sponsors and the racing community, who have been giving me lots of support.
"Every year is different in racing, what is certain is that after every season you feel more experienced, always a little faster. I think this season, despite that it was a very short one for me, was certainly one of the richest in learning. Let's hope for a strong 2016 season."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.