Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha Riders Continue Charge at ISDE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Yamaha #Riders Continue Charge at @ISDE

After four grueling days of competition, Yamaha Australia supported riders continue to lead the way in the 2015 International Six Day Enduro (ISDE) held in Slovakia.

Day four saw wet condition again greet competitors but it didn't bother the Aussie fighting spirit as Daniel Milner, Josh Green, Beau Ralston and the all-girl brigade of Tayla Jones and Jemma Wilson take it up to the world's best off road racers.

In the manufacturers teams' event, the Yamaha Australia trio of Milner, Green and Ralston hold down second place, just 10 seconds off the leaders while in the girls, Jones and Wilson are 1-2 in EW and 27 minutes ahead of their nearest rivals.

Australia also leads the world ahead of Italy and Finland and the Junior team is also showing the way ahead of Sweden and the USA.

Milner leads the charge and currently sits second outright and second in the E2 class behind Ryan Sipes from the USA. Milner and Sipes have shadowed each other for the opening four days and not much separates the pair as the event starts to enter the closing stages.

"Ryan and I have been pretty close in all our times and have traded wins in the special tests, but with only two days to go, I need to make up the time now to put myself in a position to win it," Milner explains.

"We have another day tomorrow of special tests and then the final day is a motocross test which I'm sure Ryan will be good at as he was a former Pro racers in the US, so day five is where it's at and I need to make it happen tomorrow," said the determined Milner.

Beau Ralston is also doing well as he rides through a leg injury sustained at the beginning of the event. Ralston finished 7th in class (E2) on day four and now holds down a very respectable eighth place with just two days remaining.

Josh Green is flying the Yamaha flag in the E1 (250cc) class on his WR250F holding down second place after day four. Green logged another consistent day yesterday to finish fifth for the day and sits just under two minutes behind class leader, Jamie McCannery.

All it's the Tayla Jones show in the Women's class as she again shows she is in a class of her own in the rugged off road world. Jones has lead the event from start to finish and appears to be in total control as she closes in on the final day.

Her nearest rival is fellow Australia and also Yamaha mounted, Jemma Wilson. Wilson sits in second place, seven minutes behind Jones.

Day five is shaping up to be pivotal day for competitors with all the major players looking to make their move. Milner is desperate to close the gap on Sipes and this is proving to be not only for the class win but also the ISDE event winner. Next to nothing has separated the pair in four days and that doesn't look like changing as the event heads towards an exciting climax.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.