Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Double Wins Give Yuki Takahashi Back the Championship Lead

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Double Wins Give Yuki @Takahashi Back the Championship Lead

4th Round of Asian Road Racing was held in the Chang International Circuit of Thailand. Zaqhwan Zaidi, who have been participated in Moto 2 replacing Md Zamri Baba during his absence, joined MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing this time as a team mate of Yuki Takahashi. Both Zaqhwan who came back to the familiar team, and the team staffs who welcomed last year’s champion, felt very happy to celebrate there joint. Race 1 was held on Saturday, and Race 2 on Sunday irregularly, because there were a lot of events scheduled on Sunday.

It was Yuki Takahashi (MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing) who won the pole position in qualifying and started well to lead the Race 1. He and Tomoyoshi Koyama (T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS) who followed him in second tried to run away together, but Ratthapong Wilairot (A.P. Honda Thailand) came up closer and got passed Koyama to take second. Then, the fighting for 3rd were Koyama, Ahmad Yudhistira (Kawasaki), Zaqhwan Zaidi (MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing), and Yuki Ito(Yamaha). Among them, Koyama got out from the pack and received the flag in third after Takahashi and. Zaqhwan took 7th.

Race 2 was held in the sunny condition, and both temperature and the track temperature were higher than the ones in the morning. Koyama took the hole shot, following him were Takahashi and Ito. Ratthapong came close to this top group and passed them on the second lap to take the lead. But he, who was keeping good pace and started to expand the lead, crashed out on lap 5. Then Takahashi came in front and kept it until the flag to take his second victory after increasing the gap. Behind him were Koyama and Yudhistira , battling hard for the second until the last lap. Koyama held the battle and Yudhistira came in third. Hada Taiga (T.Pro Yuzy Honda) took 5th respectively, Zaqhwan came 7th again.

The good news was released to encourage all the ADC riders, which announced that Khai Khairul Idham Pawi, last year’s champion would participate in Aragon GP as a wildcard.

Taking pole position was Hiroki Nakamura who tried very hard in the qualifying at his first ride in this track. Four riders battled hard for the top in the race, Muklada Saraquechi, woman rider won narrowly, followed her were Nakamura in second, Hafiz Nor Azman in third and Yuki Nakamura in fourth.

In Race 2, Nakamura ran away from the pack and took satisfactory win. Willa Ford gnansanchomsaku got second and climbed on the podium in front of his home fans. Came third was Hafiz to mount on the podium again. Nakamura joined the top group but caught up in the crash, then restarted to take 16th.

Yuki Takahashi
SS600 Race Result: 1st / 1st Championship position: 1st"Won the race which took place in Thailand in August. I liked the course layout and felt very good impression. I decided to try confidently, but I needed to work for the settings throughout the week because the tires were changed to Dunlop from Pirelli, which we used in the March race. It was very ideal race and got win in Race 1. In Race 2, although I thought I could follow Ratthapong , tried not to have risks and wait until the last half of the race because the track temperatures high. But he crashed out in front of me. There are two races left. I want to take the championship but do not think too much about it and try to make my best race by race."Tomoyoshi Koyama
SS600 Race Result: 3rd / 2nd Championship position: 2nd"I am very close but cannot win. I came here to win, but could not reach it today although I took the hole shot and rode good pace in both races. Organizers put fuel for us in Asian Cup, there might be contained some foreign materials and clogged up the pump. Due to this, the machine did not run fast enough on the straight. We fix it for Race 2 but Takahashi ran away while I battled with Haga. Besides, I am happy to climb on the podium twice. We used the engine which used at Suzuka. We will check it closely." Muklada Saraquechi
Asia Dream Cup Race Result: 1st / DNF Championship position: 1st"I took victory in front of my family and friends. This was my dream and achieved it, so I am very proud and happy today. I pushed hardest in my career in the early stage and tried to run away from my rivals. The race was really hard and it was very difficult to win, but I kept believing in myself and thinking that the effort would be rewarded." Hiroki Nakamura
Asia Dream Cup Race Result: 2nd / 1st Championship position: 2nd"I could feel that this was my favorite track from the first attempt, although I came here for the first time. I was able to ride confidently and broke the course record to take pole position as a result. In Race 1, it was very frustrated because I could not managed the battle although I was fighting for the win in the top group. The winner Muklada excited his home fans. Seeing that, I thought that I also absolutely wanted to win. Tried to overcome the weak points and achieved it in Race 2, I could make the gap bigger to run away until the flag. This victory gave me a great confident." Yusuke Nakamura:
SS600 Race Result: 4th / 16th Championship position: 3rd"I had been struggled to make settings throughout the week. Still joined in the top battle in both races. I was very frustrated after Race 1, because I could not get on the podium after taking fourth. I did not want to feel the same but it was disappointing that I was caught up in the fall. Restarted but could not recover the loss. Conditions are equal to everybody, so I can’t excuse myself. I will try my best to make the good settings next time."

2015 Asia Road Racing Championship
Round 04: Buriram – Thailand

Supersports600cc - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Yuki Takahashi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
2 Ratthapong Wilairot(A.P. Honda Thailand/Honda)
3 Tomoyoshi Koyama(T.Pro Yuzy Honda/Honda)
4 Ahmad Yudhistira(Manual Tech KYT Kawasaki/KAWASAKI)
5 Yuki Ito(PETRONAS Hong Leong Yamaha/YAMAHA)
6 Anuparb Samoon(Yamaha Thailand Racing/YAMAHA)
7 Md Zaqhwan Zaidi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
9 Dimas Ekky Pratama(Astra Honda Racing/Honda)
11 Andi Farid Izdihar(Astra Honda Racing Team/Honda)
12 Taiga Hada(T.Pro Yuzy Honda/Honda)
15 Suhathai Chaemsup(Thai Honda Racing/Honda)
18 Pongpeera Khaknakhup(Thai Honda Racing/Honda)
DNF Md Akmal Hisyam(T.Pro Yuzy Honda/Honda)
DNF Jakkrit Swangswat(A.P. Honda Thailand/Honda)

Supersports600cc - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Yuki Takahashi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
2 Tomoyoshi Koyama(T.Pro Yuzy Honda/Honda)
3 Ahmad Yudhistira(Manual Tech KYT Kawasaki/KAWASAKI)
4 Yuki Ito(PETRONAS Hong Leong Yamaha/YAMAHA)
5 Andi Farid Izdihar(Astra Honda Racing Team/Honda)
6 Taiga Hada(T.Pro Yuzy Honda/Honda)
7 Md Zaqhwan Zaidi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
11 Dimas Ekky Pratama(Astra Honda Racing/Honda)
17 Suhathai Chaemsup(Thai Honda Racing/Honda)
22 Ratthapong Wilairot(A.P. Honda Thailand/Honda)
23 Md Akmal Hisyam(T.Pro Yuzy Honda/Honda)
DNF Jakkrit Swangswat(A.P. Honda Thailand/Honda)
DNF Pongpeera Khaknakhup(Thai Honda Racing/Honda)

Asia Dream Cup- Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Nationalty)

1 Muklada Sarapuech (Thailand) (Honda)
2 Hiroki Nakamura (Japan) (Honda)
3 Hafiz Nor Azman (Malaysia) (Honda)
4 Yusuke Nakamura (Japan) (Honda)
5 Yogha Dio Syachputra (Indonesia) (Honda)
6 Woraphod Niamsakhonsak (Thailand) (Honda)
7 Md Febriansyah (Indonesia) (Honda)
8 Koko Masaharu C. Tadachi (Honda)
9 Broc Pearson (Australia) (Honda)
10 Zhou Sheng Jun Jie (China) (Honda)
11 Arsyad Rusydi Shaharum (Singapore) (Honda)
12 Robert Matthew Ramos (Philippines) (Honda)
13 Shankar Sarath Kumar (India) (Honda)
14 Saiful Azhary (Malaysia) (Honda)
15 Hari Krishnan Rajagopalan (India) (Honda)
16 Md Hasroy Osman (Singapore) (Honda)
17 Sethu Rajiv (India) (Honda)
18 Lee Yen Ching (Taiwan) (Honda)

Asia Dream Cup- Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Nationality)

1 Hiroki Nakamura (Japan)
2 Woraphod Niamsakhonsak (Thailand)
3 Hafiz Nor Azman (Malaysia)
4 Yogha Dio Syachputra (Indonesia)
5 Zhou Sheng Jun Jie (China)
6 Shankar Sarath Kumar (India)
7 Hari Krishnan Rajagopalan (India)
8 Broc Pearson (Australia)
9 Koko Masaharu C. Tadachi
10 Arsyad Rusydi Shaharum (Singapore)
11 Saiful Azhary (Malaysia)
12 Md Hasroy Osman (Singapore)
13 Sethu Rajiv (India)
14 Lee Yen Ching (Taiwan)
15 Robert Matthew Ramos (Philippines)
16 Yusuke Nakamura (Japan)
DNF Muklada Sarapuech (Thailand)
DNF Md Febriansyah (Indonesia)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.