Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MCFADDEN JOINS TEAM SUZUKI EUROPE FOR SUPERSTOCK 1000

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@MCFADDEN JOINS TEAM #SUZUKI #EUROPE FOR #SUPERSTOCK 1000

Team Suzuki Press Office – September 9.

South African David McFadden has been confirmed to ride the Team Suzuki Europe Suzuki GSX-R1000 for the final two rounds of 2015 Superstock 1000 Championship, replacing the injured Nigel Walraven and racing alongside Wayne Tessels; who has now recovered from a broken pelvis.

The former South African Supersport 600 Champion debuted for the team at Portimao in Portugal and Misano, Italy in June, scoring top-10 points at the Italian event, and has been drafted into the squad permanently for the final two rounds at Jerez in Spain on September 20th and Magny-Cours, France on October 4th.

Team Manager Marc Hoegee sees the experienced rider as a great addition to the team after Walraven had to stop racing due to long-term recovery after a serious crash earlier this season. But now the squad is ready to attack for the top-10 at Jerez.

At the start of the summer break, everything looked promising, but a lot went awry after Tessels broke his pelvis during a Super-Moto training accident. He has now recovered after the long summer break.

Marc Hoegee – Team Manager:

“We were really happy with David’s performance at Misano. Considering the short time he had spent on the Suzuki, the result was more than we could imagine. Now he’s more familiar with the bike and has been testing at home as well. Because we strongly-believe he can provide us with even better results, we asked him to ride in Jerez and Magny-Cours for our team. His dedication and personality make him fit-in well with the team. His Suzuki GSX-R1000 is well-prepared for the last two races and I’m sure David will show both their potential.

“Wayne had a nasty injury, but he’s fully recovered. He’s worked hard and is eager to get points at Jerez.”

David McFadden:

“I’m really excited to work with Team Suzuki Europe again for the remainder of the 2015 Superstock season. After a successful race at Misano, scoring two points, was just not enough for myself and the team. We know that if we have more time and working together like we did in Misano, the results can only get better. I’m looking forward to Jerez, it’s a track I enjoy; and I feel that the Suzuki is well-suited for that track. The more time I’m able to spend on the Suzuki, the more it will help me find a set-up that will work best.

“During the summer break at home in South Africa, I’ve been training to get myself ready for Jerez and Magny-Cours. Whilst at home I have also been spending time on working and riding onboard the Suzuki GSX-R1000, which helped me get comfortable on the bike and understanding the way to ride the Suzuki. I can't wait to get back onto the Team Suzuki Europe GSX-R1000 to get some promising results for myself and the team. Let’s go Racing!”

Wayne Tessels:

“After my injuries earlier this year, breaking my pelvis was a major setback. Luckily I had enough time and the recovery went faster than the medical staff predicted. I’m feeling good and I’m using the last week-and-a-half to gain strength. The last training session on my Suzuki RM-Z450 went well, so for the last two races I think it’s realistic to battle for 10th position as I’m certain we belong there – and can achieve it. We had some setbacks this year, but everybody in the team worked really hard to move forward and stay positive, so I hope to give the team the results it deserves.”

The next round of Superstock 1000 takes place at Jerez in Spain on September 18-20th.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.