Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Jarvis Secures Megawatt Runner-Up Result

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarvis Secures @Megawatt Runner-Up Result

@Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Graham Jarvis claims the runner-up result at the Red Bull 111 Megawatt Hard Enduro in Poland.

Delivering a strong performance at the penultimate Hard Enduro of the season, Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis secured a come from behind ride to place second overall.

Qualifying ninth overall out of 700 riders in Saturday’s prologue for the Megawatt, Jarvis found himself outside the top ten after the mass start. Playing it safe in the dusty conditions on the first half of the 21-kilometre loop, Jarvis steadily began to work his way forward.

Upping his pace during the three lap main event, the Husqvarna rider moved up to third overall. But with 50 metres of the race left to run, Jarvis had one more trick up his sleeve when second placed Joakim Ljunggren struggled on the final hill climb. Conquering the hill with ease, Jarvis rode past Ljunggren to snatch the runner-up result in the final moments of the race.

For teammate Alfredo Gomez, the Red Bull 111 Megawatt didn’t deliver another podium result to match that of the Red Bull Romaniacs six weeks ago. Not favouring the soft sand conditions and Husqvarna rider ended his race in fourth.

Graham Jarvis: “I think I’ve surprised even myself with this result – it’s almost like a win for me here. When I arrived and saw the course I didn’t think I could crack the top five let alone the podium so second is fantastic. I didn’t get a great start and struggled to see in the dust. That dropped me back but I didn’t let it bother me and rode my own race. I kept picking riders off all the time and suddenly I got to fifth. Then I closed in on Alfredo and Manuel and was third. I was happy with that but when I got to the final climb and saw Joakim stuck I couldn’t believe my luck. I gassed it and passed him for second. Brilliant!”

Alfredo Gomez: “I don’t think this was my kind of race to be honest. It was fast and there wasn’t a major amount of difficult sections to make time up. I rode steady for most of it and was having a battle with Manuel for the first two laps before pulling away from him. When Graham came past I wasn’t able to up my pace and react to him. Fourth is ok but the podium would have been better.”

Results – Red Bull 111 Megawatt
1. Jonny Walker (KTM) 1:41:21.85

2. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 1:44:10.22

3. Joakim Ljunggren (KTM) 1:44.15.85

4. Alfred Gomez (Husqvarna) 1:44.56.39

5. Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM) 1:45.50.06

6. Lukasz Kurowsk (Yamaha) 1:47.24.47

7. Andy Noakley (KTM) 1:51.38.72

8. David Leonov (Husqvarna) 1:56:05.04

9. Dimitri Parshin (Sherco) 1:56.23.41

10. Emil Juszczak (KTM) 2:00.25.47
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.