Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Husqvarna Motorcycles well-represented at 90th ISDE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Husqvarna Motorcycles well-represented at 90th #ISDE

Ahead of next week’s International Six Days Enduro in Košice, Slovakia, Husqvarna Motorcycles – led by Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Mathias Bellino and Jamie McCanney – will have an impressive list of riders competing in the 90th edition of this prestigious event.

Counting down the days until the ISDE begins on Monday, September 7, FIM Enduro 3 World Championship leader Mathias Bellino starts the week-long race as a member of the French World Trophy team. Twice a winning member of France’s Junior World Trophy team, Bellino makes his first senior team outing aboard a TE 300.

Performing strongly in the Enduro World Championship, the Husqvarna rider hopes to carry his impressive form into the Slovakian event and fight for both the team victory while also battling for the outright individual win, won by Husqvarna teammate Pela Renet in 2014.

Current leader of the Enduro Junior World Championship, Jamie McCanney will take to the start of the event as a member of Great Britain’s World Trophy team. The Manx rider has shown impressive form in this year’s EWC series and with the traditional, forestry-based special tests found in Košice expected to suit him, McCanney is determined to place among the frontrunners.

Helping Spain to an ISDE podium result in 2014, Husqvarna Spain’s Josep Garcia returns to the event in 2015 on a FE 250. Competing alongside Garcia for Husqvarna is Jaume Betriu. Both riders have enjoyed a strong season to date in the EWC and Spanish Enduro Championship and will be doing their all to ensure Spain returns to the World Trophy podium.

Husqvarna riders make up 50 per cent of the USA World Trophy team with Mike Brown, Ryan Sipes and Thad Duvall all competing in Slovakia. Between them the three riders have a wealth of experience competing in the ISDE with both Brown and Duvall helping to secure the runner-up result for the USA in Argentina last year. Joined by Sipes for 2015, the trio, along with their ISDE teammates, are eager to deliver ISDE World Trophy team victory.

Other riders competing on Husqvarna machinery for their respective World Trophy teams are: Lachlan Stanford – Australia, Glenn Kearney – Australia, Jonathan Manzi – Italy, Quentin Monfort – Belgium, Wim Vanderheyden – Husqvarna, Blake Gutzeit – South Africa, Patrick Neisser – Austria, Matthias Wibmer – Austria, Priit Biene – Estonia, Toomas Triisa – Estonia, Antti Hellsten – Finland, Joe Wootton – Great Britain, Artemis Sfinarolakis – Greece, Andrei-Nicusor Botoaca – Romania, Zlatko Novosad – Slovakia, Mattias Ojanpera – Sweden, Martin Sundin – Sweden and Cedric Evard – Switzerland.

The FIM ISDE takes place in Košice, Slovakia from September 7-12.

Mathias Bellino: “I’m really excited for the ISDE. It’s my first time competing on the World Trophy team and I very much want to help them deliver a winning result in Slovakia. I feel like I’ve been riding strongly in this year’s EWC and hope to bring that form to Košice. Like I said, a winning result for my team will be great but fighting for the overall individual win is something I’m aiming to do. Pela Renet won it for Husqvarna in Argentina and I’d loved to do it in Slovakia.”

Jamie McCanney: “I’m looking forward to a fun week of racing ahead. The ISDE is a different sort of race to anything else. It’s tough but enjoyable and without the pressure of fighting for a world title. It’s a team race first and foremost, but every rider wants to do their best. I’m not the most experienced ISDE rider but I’m up for the challenge. My riding has been good in the EWC so hopefully I can put in a strong week and deliver a solid result.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.