Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Febvre wraps first MXGP World Championship at Assen

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Febvre wraps first @MXGP World Championship at @Assen

Success and immense satisfaction for Romain Febvre, his Yamaha Factory Racing Yamalube team and Yamaha with their YZ450F as the Frenchman clinched the 2015 FIM MXGP Motocross World Championship by finishing second overall at a busy Assen circuit for the Grand Prix of the Netherlands today.
With his eleventh podium result from sixteen rounds of the 2015 series so far Febvre also aced a twelfth moto victory to mathematically secure the crown with two Grands Prix to spare. It was the first title for the 23 year old and former European Champion and the first for Yamaha in the MXGP premier class since 2009.
Febvre has headed all charts and statistics this season aside from Pole Positions. The Frenchman has led the most laps, won the most motos (12 from 32), Grands Prix (6 from 16), obtained the most podium results (11) and held the most red plates as series leader (7). In his first term in MXGP and with the YZ450FM Febvre has left indelible impressions on motocross fans around the world and through owning rounds of the series in France, Italy, Germany, Sweden and Czech Republic.
Febvre is the first FIM Motocross World Champion for Yamaha since Antonio Cairoli in 2009 (with the Italian also winning MX2 in 2005 and 2007). David Philippaerts was the last winner with the YZ450FM in 2008 in the MXGP (then called MX1). MXGP continues now with Grands Prix in Mexico and USA. Romain will lead Motocross of Nations defending champions Team France at Ernee on September 26th-27th.

Romain Febvre

2015 MXGP World Champion

"I started slowly on Saturday and showed good speed in qualifying already. I knew with some good starts I could be on the podium again and that was the goal. I knew also if I finished in front of [Gautier] Paulin then the championship would be done. It didn't happen in the first moto but my start was a lot better in the second and I could pass everybody to win and the 2015 world championship! I cannot thank everybody enough. The team did such a good job and gave me a chance last winter. I'm so happy."

Erik Eggens - Yamaha Motor Europe MX Manager
"A fantastic feeling! Romain rode like a champion today and to be champion in a rookie year is very special. It is great for him, the team and Yamaha that things are going so well and this is only possible if everybody is working together how they should. Romain improved during the year and stayed very strong. The team improved the package and the bike in combination with the rider development was continual and there were no DNFs and no problems. There was reliability and stability within the team and the season has been just so great."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.