Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Mosig Makes It Two Rounds In a Row For CDR Yamaha

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Mosig Makes It Two Rounds In a Row For #CDR #Yamaha

CDR Yamaha's Kade Mosig has made it two round wins in a row for the powerhouse factory Yamaha MX1 team after an outstanding performance at round nine of the MX Nationals, held at the Echo Valley circuit in Toowoomba.

Mosig proved his round victory at Appin earlier in the season was no fluke as he dominated proceedings at Toowoomba on a rough, rutty and challenging circuit.

Mosig charged to the lead in moto one and established a small gap over his rivals early in the race. But when 2004 world MX2 champion Ben Townley slipped into second, the pair upped the ante and were racing up to three seconds a lap faster than anyone on the track. Townley put in a huge effort in the closing laps, but Mosig held his nerve, composure and speed to take a well-deserved victory.

Race two was a different affair, this time Mosig wasn't up front and had to battle his way forward. As the 30 minute moto wound down, Mosig hit top gear and charged to the front to take another inspiring race victory.

The huge haul of 70 points also sees him leap to second in the championship with one round remaining at Coolum, this weekend.

"I'm pretty pumped about this win," Mosig said. "In the first race I had all kinds of pressure from Ben at the end there but I kept my mind on the job and did what was needed to get the win, then in race two, I was the guy trying to make it happen at the end of the race and I was able to pull that one out of the bag as well.

"The track here is really tough and it always sorts the riders out. The hills are big, the ruts are long and the dirt is hard to read so winning here means a lot as it is a real motocross track.

"My bike was perfect all day and the team did a great job. Let's see if we can keep the ball rolling at Coolum next weekend," Mosig ends.

Dan Reardon was also up for the fight and confident of a good showing after his victory in the previous round. Reardon finished third in the opening race but struggled with some arm pump during the moto. Unfortunately, race two wasn't as good with technical issues on the machine slowing his progress.

Reardon finished sixth for the day on the back of his 3-8 results and is sixth in the championship after nine rounds.

"Toowoomba has always been a tough track for me and it was again today. I rode pretty tight in the first one and my arms were doing it tough so I was pretty happy to finish third and thought that I could do better in race two.

"But, I had to play it smart in race two when the bike started to play up so I just did what I could to get some points.

"It has made me pretty determined to finish the championship out strongly so I'm really looking forward to Coolum," Reardon signs off.

The 10th and final round of the 2015 MX Nationals hits the Coolum Pines circuit on the Sunshine Coast and it's always a huge event. Two full days of action on one of the best tracks in Australia and the CDR Yamaha team are out to make it three round wins in a row.

Round Nine Results - Toowoomba
MX1
1st Kade Mosig - 70 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Adam Monea - 60
3rd Ben Townley - 58
4th Kirk Gibbs - 56
5th Luke Styke - 53
6th Dan Reardon - 53 (CDR Yamaha)
7th Dylan Long - 49
8th Cody Cooper - 47
9th Egan Mastin - 43
10th Lawson Bopping - 42

Championship Standings - After Round Nine
1st Kirk Gibbs - 589
2nd Kade Mosig - 528 (CDR Yamaha)
3rd Luke Styke - 518
4th Adam Monea - 513
5th Lawson Bopping - 471
6th Dan Reardon - 464 (CDR Yamaha)
7th Dylan Long - 444
8th Cody Cooper - 405
9th Jesse Dobson - 382
10th Kale Makeham - 347
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.