Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Beta Riders Earn Six Championships

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Beta #Riders Earn Six Championships

The 2015 AMA/NATC National Trial Championships proved to be very successful for Beta riders across the country. The series has been gaining popularity the past few years drawing enduro and other off road racers to the events. The new East/West format proved to be a step in the right direction for the series keeping the travel cost down for most of the competitors.

Leading the way in 2015 was 13 year old Elliot Key from Arcola, Illinois. The young Clubman rider took his Beta Evo 125 to the top of both the East and West Championships. Expect the youngster to be a serious threat in the highly-contested Junior class for 2016.

At only 13 years young, Elliot Key is turning some heads!

The Expert class team of Andreas Niederer and Ty Cullins fell short of taking the Championship however Niederer did claim some fame with a couple of second place finishes and a win at the last round. Cullins earned a second place finish at the season opener in Nebraska. The class was one of the largest and most competitive.
"It was great to finally be on the top of the podium at the last round, knowing that all my training had finally paid off was a good way to end the season. I know I benefited from working with a great minder, Ron Lee, and I could not have done it without all the help and support from my family, sponsors and Ray Peters in the Beta Pits. This season has had its ups and downs and was definitely a learning experience. I am looking forward to practicing for next year's season building on the knowledge I gained this year." Niederer explains.

Andreas Niederer on his way to winning in Wyoming

Grayson Hertich took the Jr. Championship on the East Coast aboard his Beta Evo 200. The New Mexico rider completed the season with one win and three runner ups to claim his first ever Junior class Championship.

Also in the East, the very highly competitive Senior-50 class was swept by Beta riders. Leading the way was Beta veteran rider Dave Diehl with second place going to Krystof Buniewicz and third place Joseph Justick.

Back in the West, Senior 50 rider Rusty Gordon finished 5th in the Championship however he only competed in two rounds, winning one and earning second in the other.

Rusty Gordon takes his Evo Factory Edition to a win at the season opener

Other class Championships included Gary Bourque from Rhode Island taking the newly formed Senior ES class in the East. The Expert/Sportsman class rides some Expert and some Sportsman sections depending on the level of difficulty.

Rounding out the six Beta Championships is Pennsylvania rider Scott Merrick taking the Senior 40 (East) title. Scott won the first two rounds and finished on the podium the remainder of the rounds to claim the title.

Beta Trial Team Manager Ray Peters had this to say about the season, "I'm pleased with the results of our young team this year. We had some great finishes from our youngest riders Elliott Key winning double Championships and Grayson Hertrich, who won the East Junior Championship and also finished 3rd in the West junior series. I'm looking forward to continuing our support for all Beta riders in 2016."

Beta USA would like to say Thank you and Congratulations to all of the riders earning these hard- fought Championships. We would also like to say Congratulations to all Beta riders who competed in the series and earned Beta Contingency. Beta is paying out more than $7000.00 to Beta riders that earned top-three finishes in the National series. To see if you earned Beta-Bucks, please download the contingency payout below:
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.