Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ZACH OSBORNE EARNS SIXTH OVERALL FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA AT UTAH MX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ZACH OSBORNE EARNS SIXTH OVERALL FOR #ROCKSTARENERGY @HUSQVARNA AT #UTAH MX

CHRISTOPHE POURCEL AND JASON ANDERSON FINSIH 9th and 11th IN THE 450 CLASS, MARTIN DAVALOS 15th th IN THE 250 CLASS

The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team had an eventful day in Tooele, UT on Saturday for the Utah National, the 11th round of the 2015 AMA Pro Motocross Series. Track conditions and intense heat made for a difficult day, but Zach Osborne, Martin Davalos, Christophe Pourcel and Jason Anderson stayed focused and put in a solid day’s work.

250MX
Zach Osborne had a good day after struggling the last few rounds. Despite the heat, he put on an impressive charge in the first moto after a mid-pack finish to cross the finish line in ninth. He came back with a vengeance in the second moto and pulled two great starts after a red flag and complete restart. He held strong to finish fifth. The 9-5 finish gave him sixth overall on the day. He is only five points shy of third overall in 250 rider point standings. Teammate Martin Davalos struggled with tough track conditions in the first moto and a crash in the start of the second moto where he was forced to navigate his Husqvarna FC 250 from 40th to 12th. The 25-12 finish gave him 15th overall.

“Today was a step in the right direction,” said Osborne. “After struggling the last couple of rounds I feel like I made some progress today. I got a bad start in the first moto and worked to come back to 9th. In the second moto I got a top 5 start and then the race was red flagged. I got another good start and finished 5th in moto 2. To be able to push the way I did all the way through the motos in the heat and altitude helped my confidence. 5 points separate me from 3rd place in the championship standings, and I have my sights set on that going into next week.”

“The track was tough today,” said Davalos. “It was really slick. I need to figure out my first motos. I think way too much. I got taken out on the start on the inside in the second moto and went from 40th to 12th. I just need to put two good motos together. I’m looking forward to the last round. I’m happy to be safe for the last week.”

450MX
Heat and a difficult track got the best of both Christophe Pourcel and Jason Anderson. Despite the conditions, Pourcel earned another top-10 overall finish by going 9-9 for ninth overall. He is currently fifth in 450 rider point standings. Anderson finished the day 6-16 for 11th overall, and is currently seventh in 450 rider point standings.

“It was a little hot today,“ said Pourcel. “The track was also kind of sketchy – dry and rutty. I was riding a little too tight and at a slower pace than the guys in front of me. It wasn’t the best day, but it wasn’t too bad. We’ve got one more round to go so I’m going to focus on trying to get on the box for the next race.“

"I felt like I was riding pretty well,“ said Anderson. “I was just struggling with some other things that I need to figure out. Other than that, I’m just going to move forward and try to keep plugging away.“

Utah Results:

250MX
1. Jeremy Martin
2. Marvin Musquin
3. Cooper Webb

6. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

15. Martin Davalos - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

250MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Jeremy Martin - 461 points
2. Marvin Musquin - 459 points
3. Joey Savatgy - 310 points
4. Zach Osborne - 305 points
5. Jessy Nelson - 288 points
6. Alex Martin - 287 points
7. Aaron Plessinger - 264 points
8. Shane McElrath - 228 points
9. Matt Bisceglia - 225 points
10. Cooper Webb - 221 points

450MX
1. Ryan Dungey
2. Ken Roczen
3. Justin Barcia

9. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

11. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450MX Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 500 points
2. Justin Barcia – 407 points
3. Ken Roczen – 402 points
4. Blake Baggett – 333 points
5. Christophe Pourcel – 291 points
6. Broc Tickle – 287 points
7. Jason Anderson – 283 points
8. Phil Nicoletti – 229 points
9. Weston Peick – 223 points
10. Fredrik Noren – 206 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.