Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARNA LAGLISSE RIDERS WORK HARD BUT EFFORTS UNREWARDED AT BRNO MOTO3

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HUSQVARNA @LAGLISSE #RIDERS WORK HARD BUT EFFORTS UNREWARDED AT #BRNO #MOTO3
DESPITE BEST EFFORTS FROM RIDERS AN TEAMS, DELLA PORTA AND HERRERA OUT OF POINTS AT BRNO

#Husqvarna Laglisse duo of your riders, Lorenzo Dalla Porta of Italy and Maria Herrera of Spain both drew praise from team boss Gelete Nieto for their MotoGP Moto3 efforts at Round 11 in Brno, Czech Republic, but sadly their efforts were to go unrewarded.

The team wanted Dalla Porta and Herrera to gain experience and knowledge of the traditional circuit that was new to them, but the job was made more difficult when Dalla Porta was among a group of riders who fell at the first corner of the race. It was one of two incidents in the opening minutes and when a number of riders were involved in crashes, race officials raised the red flag to signal a restart. Thanks to very fast work in the Husqvarna Laglisse garage, the team quickly completed repairs to Dalla Porta’s Husqvarna FR 250 GP machine, and he was back on the grid for the restart.

In the first part of the race Dalla Porta managed to stay with the group fighting for the points. He was able to maintain a good speed, even though the bike, after the earlier crash, had some setup issues that the team were not able to resolve in the very limited repair time. The rookie, fresh from the CEV Championships has only been with the team since competition resumed after the summer break. He can still be satisfied with his nineteenth place finish in a highly competitive field.

It was also a difficult weekend for Herrera, who although she put in her usual determined effort, only managed to finish in twenty-third place, well below what she had expected. Her possibilities of scoring a good finish were also hampered by the fact that the restarted race ran only over 12 laps. She now wants to put the race down to experience and move on.

Lorenzo Dalla Porta #48, finished 19th:
“The team did a great job repairing my bike in record time so I could be on the second start. I was able to do a good race but I wasn’t very comfortable in the last laps and I couldn’t fight for a better position in my group. But I think we did a good job and we hope for a better result in Silverstone.”

Maria Herrera #6, finished 23rd:
“It was a pity the first race was stopped because I was going well and I was in a good position. The second start was not so good for me and I made contact with several riders. They made me lose the slipstream and I wasn’t able to fight for the position we had set for our goal. This circuit was not kind to me so now I’ll make a fresh start and go to Silverstone much stronger.”

The next round of MotoGP Moto3 is the GP of Great Britain, at Silverstone, August 30.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.