Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Back in Europe for Brno

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Movistar @Yamaha #MotoGP Back in Europe for #Brno

Just a few days after scoring a strong double podium, the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team returns to Europe for Sunday's Grand Prix of České Republiky.
Fresh from an impressive ride at last weekend's Indianapolis Grand Prix that resulted in a double podium, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP's Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo continue the saga this weekend at Automotodrom Brno.
Rossi starts the eleventh MotoGP round with more determination than ever to defend his lead in the championship standings. A few days ago he rode an impressive race in Indianapolis, chasing from eighth on the grid to a solid third place, thereby continuing this year's still unbroken podium streak.
The nine-time World Champion looks forward to taking his YZR-M1 out for a spin at the hilly circuit of Brno this weekend, where he holds a stunning record. He secured his first ever 125cc win at the Czech Republic track in 1996. This was followed by a 250cc win in 1999, a 500cc victory in 2001 and modern era premier class Brno victories in 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2009.
Teammate Lorenzo arrives in Brno after a great performance at the Brickyard that saw the four-time World Champion lead most of the race and cross the line in second place, sealing his sixth podium of the season.
Lorenzo also has enjoyed numerous successes at Brno, claiming a 125cc victory in 2004, two 250cc victories in 2006 and 2007 and a MotoGP win in 2010. The Spaniard has consistently finished on the podium at Brno since 2012, giving him good odds that he will claim another podium this weekend.
The first GP event in Brno was held in 1930. Racers would ride through the villages and western parts of the city on a road track until the new circuit was built during the 1980s. In 1987 the Brno track hosted its first FIM Czech Grand Prix, which became popular with both fans and riders thanks to its great atmosphere and location. The natural bowl in which the circuit is situated offers spectators an excellent view and provides changes in elevation and fast corners, testing the riders' talent and the engineering to the limit.

Valentino Rossi

Championship: 1st, 195 points

"There isn't much time to rest but I'm happy to go to the Czech Republic. In the end the Indianapolis GP was a good race, another podium is a good result. The American weekend didn't start very well and it was very difficult to find the better setting for the race. At the end, after warm up, we had done a good job and third place for us was really good result. We are still first in the championship and that's fine. For me Brno is a nice track, I like it better than Indianapolis, but at the same time, my teammate Jorge Lorenzo is very strong in Brno. Marquez will also be strong, as he was in Indy. We'll have to do the maximum again in this weekend to not lose any more points, but I'm feeling positive and I think that we will make it a good weekend."

Jorge Lorenzo

Championship: 2nd, 186 points

"Overall the last race at Indy was pretty good for us considering that usually Indianapolis Motor Speedway is not one of my favourite tracks. It also suits our rivals better than it does us, so we have to be proud of what we did there on Sunday. Now it is time to face Brno, a completely different circuit. In this case I like the contrast a lot because I always have great fun at Brno, it's a nice racetrack where maybe we can be stronger than we were last weekend. We will need to be focused on doing a great job starting from Friday and try to gain as many points as we can to reduce the gap to Valentino."

Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director
"We are excited to return from the USA for four upcoming rounds on European soil, especially after the double podium in Indianapolis which was a good result for us. That circuit doesn't suit us as well as others, so our strong performance from last weekend gives me extra confidence that we can continue as key protagonists again this weekend. The team always enjoy going to Brno, the event has a great atmosphere and it's a track that Vale and Jorge both like. They are both in good physical form and want to begin working as soon as possible, so we are looking forward to setting up the YZR-M1 on Friday."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.