BOBBY FONG RACES TO FOURTH PODIUM OF THE SEASON AFTER STARTING FROM POLE POSITION AT INDIANAPOLIS

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BOBBY FONG RACES TO FOURTH PODIUM OF THE SEASON AFTER STARTING FROM POLE POSITION AT INDIANAPOLIS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BOBBY @FONG #RACES TO FOURTH PODIUM OF THE SEASON AFTER STARTING FROM POLE POSITION AT #INDIANAPOLIS

ATLANTA (August 10, 2015) – The eighth round of the MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Championship saw one of the most exciting Supersport races of the year at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during the FIM MotoGP World Championship weekend. Bobby Fong crossed the line in second place, .036 of a second behind race winner Garrett Gerloff.

Starting from pole position for the second consecutive race, Fong and his #50 Latus Motors Racing / Castrol / Triumph Daytona 675R were entrenched in a battle for the lead from the moment the lights went out. Following a red flag on the ninth lap, the race was restarted for a six-lap sprint to the finish. Fong was battling for the lead again and set himself up for a drag race to the line on the final lap. Unfortunately, he was just edged out and had to settle for second place.

Fong’s fourth podium finish, twice finishing in second, puts him sixth in the Supersport point standings. The string of podiums in the second half of the season has Fong four points shy of fifth, and within ten points of fourth, in the standings with two races remaining on the schedule.

“It was a hard fought second place and a great race, one of the most fun races I’ve had,” said Bobby Fong. “I couldn’t get the job done today, but I’m definitely confident heading towards New Jersey. My team deserves this win, and I’m going to give it 110% in a few weeks time.”

As part of VETMotorsports outreach initiative, Sgt. Chad C. has been hired for the entirety of the MotoAmerica season as a crew member of the Latus Motors Racing team. Through Castrol’s VETMotorsports Performance Match Fund, the on-track performance of Triumph teams in both AMA Pro Flat Track and MotoAmerica competition has earned VETMotorsports $7,750 in bonuses thus far this season.

The Indianapolis MotoAmerica event will air on CBS Sports Network on Saturday, August 15, at 10:30 a.m. EDT. The final MotoAmerica round of the season will be held at New Jersey Motorsports Park on September 11-13.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.