Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STRIJBOS 3RD IN MXGP QUALIFIER; DESALLE OUT FOR 2015

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@STRIJBOS 3RD IN #MXGP QUALIFIER; @DESALLE OUT FOR 2015

Team Suzuki Press Office – August 1.

Hot sunshine poured into the many ruts and bumps of the Lommel sand for the Grand Prix of Belgium today and where Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MXGP’s Kevin Strijbos rode to third spot in the Qualification Heat for round 14 of 2015 MXGP.

The latest outing of the FIM Motocross World Championship - and last of three remaining events in Europe until the flyaways in Mexico and USA - marked the final appearance this season for Clement Desalle who will undergo surgery on his right shoulder in the coming weeks.

After setting lap-times to secure third and then second positions in the two practice sessions this morning, Strijbos made an excellent start to dash into the lead of the 20-minute and two-lap qualification heat. The Lommel sand was rough and rippled and thoroughly battered thanks to the presence of four other European classes as part of the support programme.

Strijbos had brand-mate Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe’s Glenn Coldenhoff for company but the Belgian made a few mistakes and lost time to championship leader Romain Febvre and eventual Pole Position holder Shaun Simpson before finding his rhythm and making sure of a solid third. Coldenhoff followed less-than two seconds behind in fourth place.

Desalle took a rough landing during Timed Practice and immediately felt his right shoulder briefly dislocate; the same problem that led to a crash and injury at the Grand Prix of France. The Belgian has now been forced to take the heavy decision to have an operation to stabilise and fix the joint and the recuperation period means that he is highly unlikely to see competitive action again in 2015.

More good weather is predicted for a busy race schedule tomorrow.

Kevin Strijbos:

“A great start today and I don't know what happened but I struggled to get my rhythm going in the first few laps. I made two mistakes through the waves and they let the others catch me and then had two bad laps and had to get my rhythm back. The second half of the race was OK and third is fine for the gate. I just need to work on the way I approach the motos tomorrow. The set-up is fine and we’ll hope for the best.”

Clement Desalle:

“I did not have a problem in the Czech Republic but the condition of my shoulder was something that was at the back of my mind. I landed heavily after the table-top and hit the bumps and I felt it go. Now I cannot be sure if it will be strong enough or safe and I know I need some surgery. I was already disappointed about how 2015 turned out in France and now the season is over. I just have to think about 2016.”

MXGP Qualification Heat result: 1. Shaun Simpson (GBR, KTM), 25:04.611; 2. Romain Febvre (FRA, Yamaha), +0:11.856; 3. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki), +0:19.997; 4. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, Rockstar Energy Suzuki), +0:21.832; 5. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, Yamaha), +0:25.097; 6. Evgeny Bobryshev (RUS, Honda), +0:32.939; 7. Gautier Paulin (FRA, Honda), +0:36.356; 8. Todd Waters (AUS, Husqvarna), +0:37.554; 9. Nathan Watson (GBR, Husqvarna), +0:38.729; 10. Tyla Rattray (RSA, Kawasaki), +0:41.277.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.