Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Reardon returns to winners lane

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Reardon returns to winners lane

@CDR @Yamaha's Dan Reardon ticked another box in his comeback to racing by winning round eight of the 2015 MX Nationals, held at the Nowra circuit, over the weekend. After spending two years on the sidelines, Reardon's return to racing has been impressive and he can now add a round win to go along with moto wins earlier in the season.

It proved to be a very successful day for CDR Yamaha at Nowra with Reardon taking the win and team mate, Kade Mosig, landing in third to make it a team 1-3 for the round.

Reardon looked in good form right from the outset putting himself in the Go Pro Superpole Top five shootout and logging impressive laps during the qualifying sessions. On the tight Nowra circuit, good starts were vital and Reardon got that in race one and was able to move into the lead in the early stages of the race.

Although he was unable to break away from the field, Reardon was able to maintain enough margin over his rivals to ride his own race and even when team mate Kade Mosig closed in on the final lap, Reardon had enough cushion to take the win and get his day started in the perfect fashion.

Race two again saw a good start from Reardon and he again made some passes early that saw him move into second place and he wouldn't relinquish it until the finish line. His 1-2 scores gave him the overall round victory, his first since 2007 and a much needed confidence boost going into the final two rounds.

"Well, I'm glad to get that monkey off my back," Reardon explained. "I have really enjoyed my return to racing but some of my results have been frustrating as I knew I was capable of winning but I just wasn't getting it done.

"After I won the first race, I was so determined not to let this one go, so when I got to where I needed to be I settled down, put in solid laps and made sure I secured the round win.

"It's been a while coming so thank you to everyone that has helped me get this far. CDR Yamaha and all the team have been amazing and I hope this really kicks me on for the final couple of rounds," Reardon ended.

Kade Mosig backed up his round win at Shepparton just two weeks earlier with another podium performance at round eight in Nowra taking third place. Mosig has been building consistency into his racing the past few rounds and his combination of speed, fitness and now common sense race smarts is showing on the score board as he is closing in on second place in the championship.

Mosig finished the day with 2-5 results for his third overall and satisfied with a solid day at Nowra.

"All up things went pretty well. They only thing I could ask for from today was maybe some better starts as they were so important on a track like this but my speed was pretty good and I felt good on the bike.

"It's good to be able to string a few rounds together now and standing up on the podium at the end of each round is always the goal so I'm glad to be finally getting that sorted," Kade said.

Team owner, Craig Dack, was again all smiles after the Nowra event as his team rides name make it two wins in a row and his plea for consistency during the half time break is rewarding the riders.

"I'm really pleased with both guys today, not just about the results but the way they went about it. The rode the conditions well, were smart when they needed to be smart and fast when they needed to be fast. Although its round eight, everything seems to be gelling in the team and the results are starting to flow," Dack ends.

The CDR Yamaha team now take aim for the picturesque Echo Valley circuit in Toowoomba for round nine of the championship. Both riders will he the rolling red clay hills with confidence and momentum and again look for more good results.

For more information and a full list if results on the MX Nationals, www.mxnationals.com.au and to follow the CDR Yamaha team on social media, www.facebook.com/cdryamaha or @cdryamaha

All the action from Nowra can be viewed on www.NGRTV.com.au

Round Eight Results - Nowra
MX1
1st Daniel Reardon - 67 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Dylan Long - 59
3rd Kade Mosig - 58 (CDR Yamaha)
4th Luke Styke - 55
5th Adam Monea - 55
6th Kirk Gibbs - 54
7th Lawson Bopping - 51
8th Cody Cooper - 45
9th Kale Makeham - 44
10th Jesse Dobson 44

Championship Standings - After Round Eight
1st Kirk Gibbs - 530
2nd Luke Styke - 465
3rd Kade Mosig - 456 (YZ450F)
4th Adam Monea - 449
5th Lawson Bopping - 429
6th Daniel Reardon - 411 (YZ450F)
7th Dylan Long - 390
8th Jesse Dobson - 382
9th Cody Cooper - 358
10th Kale Makeham - 306
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.