Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI’S IDDON 3RD-ROW AT THRUXTON BSB

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#BENNETTS #SUZUKI’S #IDDON 3RD-ROW AT @THRUXTON @BSB

Team Suzuki Press Office – August 1.

Christian Iddon qualified in seventh place aboard his Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 at Thruxton and will head up the third-row of the grid for tomorrow's seventh round of the MCE British Superbike Championship.

With the team making progress all weekend, Iddon consistently improved his lap times over the free practice sessions and progressed from the first qualifying session in fifth. Q2 saw the Bennetts Suzuki rider in second place, before he posted the seventh-fastest time in the third session.

Christian Iddon:

“It would have been nice to have had a tow in that last session rather than the other way around, but it's swings and roundabouts. I'm disappointed with seventh but being disappointed shows where I think we should be this weekend. You have to slow down to go fast here and I just tried a bit too hard in that last session; if the bike's spinning and sliding you're not going forward. But our pace is good and I'm confident ahead of the races. Tyre life is key around here and we've gained a lot of info from practice on used tyres, and we have more to try in warm-up. I'm looking forward to going racing now.”

Josh Waters, fresh from his time out at the Suzuka 8-Hours also made steady progress with the set-up of his GSX-R1000 and was moving further up the time sheets.

After posting a strong lap in Q1, the team gambled on not setting another lap-time in order to save a tyre for the remaining sessions. However, the double Australian Superbike Champion was shuffled out of the top 20 in the closing stages and it cost him the chance to start further up the grid. Waters will start from 21st but is confident of getting himself up the order in the races.

Josh Waters:

“I'm feeling a bit frustrated after qualifying because my pace is better than where we are on the grid. The team took a gamble and unfortunately it didn't pay off. But I'm feeling loads better on the bike and we've made lots of improvements. The races will be tough but we've spent a lot of time on used tyres in practice any my times have been good so I'm confident of my race pace.”

Martin Halsall - Team Owner:

“We've made steady progress this weekend with both riders and we're starting to see more-and-more examples of what we know we're capable of as a team. Christian's lap times speak for themselves and it's a little frustrating that he inadvertently gave a few riders a tow in the final qualifying session; otherwise we could probably have been on the first two rows of the grid. But his pace is promising for tomorrow's races.

“Josh has been feeling more comfortable on the bike every time he goes out on it and it's shown in the improvement in his lap-times. We took a gamble in qualifying to give him a better shot of being further-up the grid tomorrow and unfortunately it didn't pay off. The times are so close around here and he was just bumped outside the top-20 in the final minute of Q1. But we're sure he'll make his way forward in the races.”

Thruxton Qualifying Result : 1. Josh Brookes. 2. John Hopkins. 3. Luke Mossey. 4. Dan Linfoot. 5. James Ellison. 7. Christian Iddon (Bennetts Suzuki). 21. Josh Waters (Bennetts Suzuki).
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.