Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Bobryshev on the Podium in the Czech Republic

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Bobryshev on the Podium in the #Czech Republic

Team HRC’s Evgeny Bobryshev overcame his fear of the Loket track to take two second places and second position overall, and his second podium of the season on the #777 Honda CRF450RW.

Evgeny BobryshevEvgeny BobryshevEvgeny Bobryshev Team HRCTeam HRCTeam HRC
His weekend was one of consistent pace: he took the holeshot in race one and set the fastest lap, before settling into a groove to finish second. Again in race two, he was second from the start, slipped to third but then came back strongly to finish second. In doing so, the Russian collected 44 World Championship points, his single highest haul of the season, and moves himself into fourth in the overall standings.

It looked set to be a double Team HRC podium too early on in the first race as Gautier Paulin moved himself into third and looked settled in the position. Unfortunately, the rest of his day was then blighted by a small crash in which he tweaked his knee, resulting in the Frenchman taking a pair of seventh place finishes.

Nevertheless, Paulin’s point this weekend move him into second in the World Championship standing, with five rounds remaining. The next race is the MXGP of Belgium at Lommel next weekend, 2 August.

Evgeny BobryshevEvgeny BobryshevEvgeny Bobryshev Gautier PaulinGautier PaulinGautier Paulin
Honda Comments
Roger Harvey: HRC General Manager - MXGP“That was a top result for Bobby – a holeshot in the first race, fastest lap, and a pair of very consistent rides into second overall. The bike worked very well, he had good pace and rode two very good races, so we’re really pleased with that. On Gautier’s side, it was a little bit more difficult. He slid off in the first race and tweaked his knee a little which detuned him a bit, but he’ll be alright for Lommel. Really a pair of sevenths was good damage limitation for him. The guys have all worked really well, and it’s been a good day in the office.”Evgeny Bobryshev:
Race Result: 2nd, 2nd 2nd Overall“To be honest I was a little scared of this track so I’m so happy it ended up like this on the podium. I’m happy I had two consistent races and kept it on two wheels because the track was tricky in both motos. We’re moving up in the championship but there are still five races to go so I still want to take it just race by race and get as many points as I can each time, and then for sure it’s possible to finish in the top three. I was a bit sad with my start from yesterday as it was really bad and it made it so difficult to come through. Today I changed a little bit my style and position and I was feeling much better. I’m really happy to get the holeshot in race one and race two I was in the top three, so it was really good. I’m really happy with this weekend.”Gautier Paulin:
Race Result: 7th, 7th 7th Overall“Today was pretty tough and I’m not so happy. The starts we’re not so bad in both races, but I had a small crash in the first moto and went down. When I got back up I was seventh, and that’s where I finished. I had some pain in my knee, but it wasn’t so bad in the second race, I just didn’t have such a good feeling.”

Gautier PaulinGautier PaulinGautier Paulin

Mixed Weekend for Gajser, But He Closes on World Championship Lead

It was a mixed weekend for Tim Gajser and the Honda Gariboldi squad this weekend at the MXGP of Czech Republic, as Tim Gajser crashed out of race one whilst in fifth, but bounced back to finish second in race two.

With championship leader Jeffrey Herlings out through injury for the remainder of the season, the top three are now separated by just 24 points with Tim lying in second. Never has the championship chase been so tense entering the final five rounds of 2015, with a maximum of 250 points still on the table.

In the opening race at the Loket track, Gajser emerged from turn one in twelfth and quickly set about climbing through the pack until his crash. Although able to restart his CRF250RW, he was forced to retire with extensive damage to the exhaust. Jorge Zaragoza also struggled with the tricky first corner, lying in 22nd on the opening lap. By the finish, he had managed to pick his way through to 16th.

Race two was a much smoother affair for Tim, who started strongly and lead for much of the race, only passed in the closing minutes as his pre-race injuries sapped a little of his strength and maneuverability on the bike. It was also a stronger race for Jorge, who emerged unscathed from the first turn in 12th and went on to cross the line in 14th.

The next challenge for the Honda Gariboldi Racing pair is the MXGP of Belgium at Lommel in just five days.

Honda Comments
Giacomo Gariboldi: Team Principal“It was a big shame that Tim crashed in the first race today as without that he would have been on the podium again. The championship is now so close at the top that the extra points would have put him in a stronger position, but anyway he came back well in race two and is still second in the World Championship. Honestly we expected a little more from Jorge this weekend, but now we are looking at a different approach to training for him which I think will really help him. He has the talent, but the injury at the start of the year meant he lost a lot of training, and that is showing now.”Tim Gajser:
Race Result: 33th/2th Championship position: 2nd“I’m really disappointed with the first race today. I had a pretty good start and was making some nice passes with some good lines I had. Then on the fourth lap I made a mistake and crashed, and Jeremy [Seewer] was behind me and hit my bike and broke the pipe, so that was the race over for me. In the second race, I can say I made the best start on the Honda! I was first, but then I was making many mistakes. But we finished second so didn’t lose too much. Anyway, the championship is now really tight. I have quite some pain in my body after this weekend and recent crashes, but anyway we all know that this is a tough sport. We saw the crash of Jeffrey yesterday which put him out for this season, so I also want to wish him a good recovery.”Jorge Zaragoza:
Race Result: 16th/14th Championship position: 22th“It was a tough weekend for me with some crashes. It didn’t quite go as well as I’d have hoped, as usually I go well on hard pack tracks, but now we look at what we can do to improve for the rest of this season and next year. Lommel will be tough as it’s sand again, but we just have to do our best and continue working.”

2015 FIM MXGP / MX2 World Motocross Championship
Round 13: Loket – Czech Republic

MXGP - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
2 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
3 Desalle, Clement(Suzuki)
4 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
5 Strijbos, Kevin(Suzuki)
6 Simpson, Shaun(KTM)
7 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
11 Charlier, Christophe(Honda)
15 Bengtsson, Filip(Honda)
21 Yamamoto, Kei(Honda)
24 Kouzis, Panagiotis(Honda)

MXGP - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Febvre, Romain(Yamaha)
2 Bobryshev, Evgeny(Honda)
3 Desalle, Clement(Suzuki)
4 Strijbos, Kevin(Suzuki)
5 Van Horebeek, Jeremy(Yamaha)
6 Simpson, Shaun(KTM)
7 Paulin, Gautier(Honda)
19 Yamamoto, Kei(Honda)
20 Charlier, Christophe(Honda)
21 Kouzis, Panagiotis(Honda)
25 Bengtsson, Filip(Honda)

MX2 - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Anstie, Max(Kawasaki)
2 Guillod, Valentin(Yamaha)
3 Tixier, Jordi(Kawasaki)
4 Jonass, Pauls(KTM)
5 Paturel, Benoit(Yamaha)
6 Petrov, Petar(Kawasaki)
13 Brylyakov, Vsevolod(Honda)
16 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)
31 Getteman, Jens(Honda)
33 Gajser, Tim(Honda)

MX2 - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Machine)

1 Guillod, Valentin(Yamaha)
2 Gajser, Tim(Honda)
3 Jonass, Pauls(KTM)
4 Paturel, Benoit(Yamaha)
5 Tixier, Jordi(Kawasaki)
6 Petrov, Petar(Kawasaki)
14 Zaragoza, Jorge(Honda)
19 Brylyakov, Vsevolod(Honda)
29 Getteman, Jens(Honda)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.