Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BENNETTS SUZUKI FOCUSED ON THRUXTON BSB

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BENNETTS #SUZUKI FOCUSED ON @THRUXTON #BSB

Team Suzuki Press Office – July 31.

Bennetts Suzuki team riders Christian Iddon and Josh Waters are focused on achieving a good result at Thruxton this weekend for round seven of the MCE British Superbike championship.

After passing the halfway point in the season last time out at Brands Hatch, the new team has been steadily increasing its knowledge and subsequently the performance of its GSX-R1000 machines, with both riders improving their lap-times at every round and with the team moving further up the grid.

Christian Iddon:

"Brands was good, all things considered. It wasn't an ideal finishing position in race one but it showed we had a good pace to come through the pack and we had a good race two. We've definitely made progress with the bike under heavy braking which was our weak point, but we're getting more and more information all the time. I really enjoy Thruxton; I think it's a really good circuit and I'm really looking forward to it. It's fast and flowing and should suit the bike, so we'll keep working hard as always and see what we can do."

Josh Waters:

"It's no secret we've not quite had the set-up we need, but the team has been working hard and I'm feeling good after getting out to Japan for Suzuka and putting in some good lap times out there on the Yoshimura GSX-R1000, so when we get to the bottom of the little issue we have I know we can be back up the sharp end. I like the circuit and I can't wait to get started again this weekend."

The Bennetts Suzuki team has also confirmed the departure of Jack Valentine as Team Manager. The mutual decision sees the team structure change with immediate effect, but team owner Martin Halsall is determined to continue driving the team forward.

Martin Halsall said: "I'd like to thank Jack for his hard work and assistance with the Halsall Racing team and wish him the very best of luck for the future. While our season has not been easy, we have a solid structure in place for the second half of the year and we're looking to move further up the grid as we get towards the important showdown period, starting this weekend at Thruxton."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.