Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Smith raring to go again in Asia

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Smith raring to go again in #Asia

After a six-week break, the 2015 World #Supersport championship resumes with the ninth round this weekend (31 July – 2 August) at the Sepang International Circuit near Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

Pata Honda rider Kyle Smith is looking forward to climbing back on board his Honda CBR600RR machine and challenging once again for WSS honours in this, his debut season of world championship competition.

Smith scored two podium finishes earlier in the season but the British rider’s campaign has also been affected by three non-finishes and a 15th at Imola in Italy, resulting in only one championship point, meaning he currently sits in seventh place in the points table.

Despite never having visited the 5.543km Sepang circuit, the 23-year-old Smith is determined to get his championship back on track, inspired as he is by standing on the Suzuka 8 Hours podium in Japan last weekend where he was part of the FCC TSR Honda team that finished second in the prestigious endurance race on a CBR1000RR Fireblade.

Smith has also been fired up for the Sepang event by becoming a father for the first time. His partner Sandra gave birth to baby Julia while he was on 8 Hours duty last weekend; however, having flown directly to Malaysia from Japan, Smith has not yet met his new daughter.

Kyle Smith

I’ve had quite an eventful week, really! I had an amazing weekend at Suzuka, even though I didn’t get to ride on Sunday – P2 was really good for the team and for Honda and it was all topped off with a new baby, so a weekend to remember. Of course, I’m really looking forward to getting home and meeting her! But for now I’m in Sepang where it’s quite hot, but it’s not so different from Spain, where I live, or Japan, where I’ve been for the last week and more. It doesn’t matter how accustomed you are to it though, it’s still really hot! Now I’ve got a new track to learn, so we’ll do a walk round with the team this afternoon to get a good look at it. I’ve seen it on TV of course but my team-mate, Mikey van der Mark, says it’s nothing like you see on TV, so we’ll see what happens tomorrow!

Pieter Breddels - technical co-ordinator

Kyle enjoyed a really good weekend in Suzuka, becoming a dad for the first time and standing on the podium – probably a weekend he’ll never forget! We’re hoping he won’t have too much trouble switching back to his CBR600RR after riding the Fireblade in Japan because it will be tough for him to adapt to another new circuit and the hot conditions that he will encounter in Sepang this weekend. The entire team will be focused on working with Kyle to send him home with a good result here.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.