totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Van de Ven’s Ventures at Final Round Finishes with First WMX Grand Prix Victory

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Van de Ven’s #Ventures at Final Round Finishes with First WMX Grand Prix Victory

The @Yamaha #YZ250F has dominated at the Grand Prix of Czech Republic; not only did it take Kiara Fontanesi to her fourth WMX title, but fellow Yamaha rider Nancy van de Ven rode her YZ250F to two moto-wins in Loket, securing her first ever Grand Prix victory.
Van de Ven got to step on the top of the rostrum for the first time in her career after a very professional ride in Sunday's racing.
With her confidence boosted by her victory in the first moto on Saturday, she had a strong start to the race on Sunday and was already in second place going into the first corner. She searched for an opportunity to take over at the front and didn't have to wait long; just a couple of laps in she grabbed the lead with a clean pass and cleared off at the front.
Carrying a visibly faster pace, she managed to open a gap and didn't need to take any more risks in the closing stages of the race. The girl from Holland cruised to the finish to take her second moto in a row, claiming her first ever GP round win and third place in the final WMX Championship standings.
"I can't believe it," said van de Ven. "This year I had set myself the goal to try to get onto the podium. I've been successful three times and I managed to win the last Grand Prix. I'm very satisfied with this year's season and I would like to thank my family, friends and sponsors for all they have done for me this year."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.