Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

NEW MOTO3 RIDER ANNOUNCED FOR HUSQVARNA FACTORY LAGLISSE TEAM

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

NEW @MOTO3 #RIDER ANNOUNCED FOR @HUSQVARNA FACTORY #LAGLISSE TEAM

Young Italian Lorenzo Dalla Porta on the FR 250 GP for rest of 2015

The Spanish-based Husqvarna Factory Laglisse Team has announced it will field a new rider in Moto3 when the World Championship resumes after the summer break. Promising young Italian rider Lorenzo Dalla Porta is joining the team as of the tenth round of the competition in Indianapolis on the weekend of August 9, 2015.

Dalla Porta has been given the opportunity to move up to Moto3 as a result of his strong performance in the Spanish-based Moto3™ Junior World Championship (CEV), where his excellent results as part of the Laglisse Academy have brought him to the attention of the Husqvarna Factory lineup. The Laglisse Academy is committed to providing from the ground up training for riders within the CEV structure to expedite their advancement into the World Championship level competition.

Dalla Porta will race for the team for the final nine rounds alongside teammate Maria Herrera, one of only two women in the competition. Herrera, who was also a very successful competitor in the CEV, is currently in her rookie season with Husqvarna Factory Laglisse and is on an upward curve in her performance and results.

The young Italian replaces Isaac Viñales of Spain who joined Team Laglisse in 2014. It was agreed that he would - depending achieving certain goals – ride with Husqvarna Factory Laglisse until the halfway point of 2015, but unfortunately the results have not reflected the team’s expectations, according to Laglisse CEO Jaime Fdez-Aviles.

“It is a shame that we could not achieve the objectives we set ourselves with Isaac. In 2014 we set goals that we could not achieve but I still wanted to give it another chance in 2015 with a focus towards the middle of the season. I would have loved to continue to have Isaac on our team but we have to be faithful to the goal we had set and make a firm decision. I want to thank Viñales for these two years of working together and wish him all the luck in the future. I also want to take this opportunity to welcome Lorenzo Dalla Porta to the World Championship,” Fdez-Aviles commented.

Robert Jonas, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Vice President Motorsport: “We hope that with Lorenzo and Maria riding the Husqvarna FR 250 GP motorcycle, Husqvarna Factory Laglisse will be able to finish the second half of the 2015 competition on a high note. We believe it is in our interest, and definitely that of our sport, that talented you riders are given the opportunity to showcase their talent at World Championship level. We would also like to wish Isaac all the best for his future career
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.