Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

RED BULL KTM’S RYAN DUNGEY WINS WASHOUGAL UP PRO MX; MUSQUIN SECOND IN 250S

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@REDBULL #KTM’S RYAN DUNGEY WINS #WASHOUGAL UP PRO MX; MUSQUIN SECOND IN 250S

Red Bull KTM Factory rider Ryan Dungey secured another win at the Washougal National to strengthen his points lead in the championship standings of the 450 Pro Motocross Championship. Dungey now has a 69-point advantage going into the final three rounds. Factory teammate Marvin Musquin picked up a 1-2 moto result to finish second in the 250-class competition and is now only four points away from the current leader.

Dungey’s win in the 450 Motocross class did not come easy as rain deluged the track throughout the day making it very muddy and slick. In the first moto, he was sixth out of the gate and had moved up two positions by the end of the first lap before advancing to third position on lap six. He then chipped away at the two leaders and eventually moved into second but was unable to close the gap and had to settle for second in his opening moto.

In the second moto, Dungey got off to a great second-place start. He continued to pressure the lead ride of Justin Barcia and when Barcia crashed with three laps to go Dungey went on to collect the win and take the overall for the day.

“It feels really great to get the win today,” stated Dungey on the podium. “I had a lot of fun and am happy to continue to add to my points lead.” Dungy competes on the KTM 450 SX-F.

Musquin second in 250-class
Factory teammate Marvin Musquin wrapped up his weekend at the Washougal Motocross National, Round Nine of the series, with a solid second place and has now closed the gap on the points leader Jeremy Martin to just four points as the competition goes into the last three rounds.

The difficult wet and muddy conditions did not hinder Musquin who got off to a solid third place start at the gate drop of moto one. By lap two he was sitting in second place after the race leader went down and then concentrated on pressuring Cooper Webb for the lead. Musquin was able to reel him in with four laps to go, made the pass and secured the first moto win.

In his second moto Musquin repeated his solid first moto start and came around the first lap in third place. He remained there until the twelfth lap when he moved up to second. Musquin then tried to close the gap on the lead rider but came up short and had to settle for second. His 1-2 moto result earned him second overall for the day.

“I felt really good today,” Musquin commented. “I always enjoy this track and the rain made it challenging but fun. I would have liked to take the win here today but I am glad to have earned some points in the championship and narrow that gap.” Musician rides the KTM 250 SX-F machine.

Musquin’s Red Bull KTM Factory teammate, Justin Hill, had another rough day. He did not get away well in the first moto and had to toss his goggles on the second lap before returning to the pits for a new set. He then began to make some passes, advancing from twenty-fourth to thirteenth by the moto end. In the second moto, Hill again had a rough start but worked his way from the back of the field to again advance to thirteenth spot by the end of the moto.
Next Event: New Berlin, NY – August 8, 2015
Pics: Simon Cudby
US Pro MX Round 9 (of 12) at Washougal WA
Overall Results 450-class
1, Ryan Dungey, KTM
2, Justin Barcia
3, Christophe Pourcel
4, Ken Roczen
5, Phil Nicoletti
6, Weston Peick
7, Fredrik Noren
8, Trey Canard
9, Blake Baggett
10, Josh Grant
11, Vince Friese
12, Kyle Chisholm
13, Jason Anderson
14, Tommy Hahn
15, Justin Brayton, KTM
16, Andrew Short, KTM
17, Kellian Rusk
18, Broc Tickle
19, Ben LaMay
20, Jesse Wentland

Overall Point Standings 450-class (After Round 9)
1, Dungey, KTM, 400
2, Barcia, 331
3, Roczen, 331
4, Baggett. 275
5, Pourcel, 247
6, Anderson 242

Overall Results: 250-class
1, Cooper Webb
2, Marvin Musquin, KTM
3, Aaron Plessinger
4, Christian Craig
5, Jeremy Martin
6, Jessy Nelson, KTM
7, Shane McElrath, KTM
8, Mitchell Oldenburg, KTM
9, Zach Osborne
10, Arnaud Tonus
11, Alex Martin
12, RJ Hampshire
13, Justin Hill, KTM
14, Toshiki Tomita
15, Matthew Bisceglia

Overall Point Standings 250 class
1, J. Martin, 375
2, Musquin, KTM, 371
3, Osborne, 259
4, Savetgy, 240
5, A. Martin, 233
6, Nelson, KTM, 233
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.