Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

YOSHIMURA SUZUKI & BAGGETT PODIUM AT MILLVILLE MX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@YOSHIMURA #SUZUKI & BAGGETT PODIUM AT #MILLVILLE MX

Team Suzuki Press Office – July 20.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s Blake Baggett had another stand-out race at the weekend at the AMA Pro Motocross Championship’s annual mid-summer visit to the ‘Land of 10,000 Lakes’ for the Spring Creek National in Millville, Minnesota.

Baggett rode solidly on his factory Suzuki RM-Z450 and passed fellow Suzuki rider Ken Roczen late in the second moto to secure an overall 4-3 finish. That meant a third AMA Pro 450 Motocross overall podium result for Baggett in his Rookie 450MX season and his third overall at round eight of the 12-round series keeps Baggett securely in fourth place in the 450 National Motocross standings.

He kicked-off race day at the challenging Spring Creek circuit by finishing eighth in timed qualifying as he and the Yoshimura squad methodically found the optimal settings on his bike.

In the first moto, Baggett found himself outside the top-10 in the early going. Fortunately he was able to fully-utilise the power and agile-handling of his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 to make-up ground and began clawing his way towards the front. In an amazing display of racecraft, Baggett made it all the way to fourth by the end of the moto.

A better start in the second moto allowed him to run sixth in the early laps. Seven laps-in and Baggett made a pass on Fredrik Noren to break into the top-five. Jason Anderson was Baggett’s next target and he dispatched of the Husky rider the very next lap. Then in the closing laps he caught, battled-with and eventually passed defending series champion Ken Roczen to put himself into a podium position. From there he rode a strong last few laps to close-out the moto in third, his pass on Roczen deciding the final podium spot at Millville.

After the race Baggett sounded analytical about his development in his first season in the 450 class.

“I’m trying to get better-and-better every weekend,” he explained. “Some weekends are good, some are not so good. I’m just trying to be steady and not give-up and keep plugging away. I have to thank the whole Yoshimura Suzuki team and everybody on my team for being behind me. I’m just going to keep working to get up with the front guys and battle.”

Baggett credits some of the work on his own test track in Florida as helping toughen-him-up for the nationals.

“I make the gnarliest track that I can so when I come to the race weekends it’s a bit easier. I’m working hard and it’s paying off.”

Yoshimura Suzuki and Baggett swing back into action this coming weekend as the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship continues Saturday, July 25, with the Peterson CAT Washougal National. Scenic and hilly Washougal MX Park in Washougal, Washington will host the ninth-stop of the 12-round championship.

Millville 450 Motocross Results:

1. Ryan Dungey (1-1)
2. Justin Barcia (2-2)
3. Blake Baggett – Yoshimura Suzuki - (4-3)
4. Ken Roczen – RCH Suzuki - (3-4)
5. Jason Anderson (6-6)
6. Broc Tickle – RCH Suzuki - (5-7)
7. Fredrik Noren (8-5)
8. Christophe Pourcel (9-8)
9. Phil Nicoletti (7-10)
10. Josh Grant (10-9)

450 Motocross Standings:

1. Ryan Dungey, 353
2. Ken Roczen (RCH Suzuki), 297
3. Justin Barcia, 284
4. Blake Baggett (Yoshimura Suzuki), 250
5. Jason Anderson, 227
6. Broc Tickle (RCH Suzuki), 220
7. Christophe Pourcel, 211
8. Phil Nicoletti, 176
9. Weston Peick, 171
10. Fredrik Noren, 161
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.