Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Mosig Snares Second MX Nats Victory Of 2015 at Shepparton

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Mosig Snares Second MX Nats Victory Of 2015 at #Shepparton

@CDRYamaha racer, Kade Mosig, claimed his second round victory of the 2015 season with an impressive performance at round seven of the MX Nationals held in Shepparton, over the weekend.

After enduring a tough previous round where small mistakes proved costly, the team emphasis on consistency proved to be the difference today as Mosig put together 1-3 results to take the round win and move into third place of the premier MX1 championship.

Mosig moved to the front quickly in race one on the rutted and technical Shepparton circuit. It was a lead he would never relinquish as he worked hard for 30 minutes to keep Australia's best at bay. Race two and again Mosig was in the heat of the battle but using some race savvy and the words of team owner Craig Dack ringing in his ear about putting two races together, Mosig rode to third place and with it the round win.

"I couldn't be happier," Mosig said from the podium. "The last few rounds have been up and down and it had really effected our results so today the focus was on limiting the mistakes and getting the best result possible out of each race.

"It was a tough track today as the ruts were long and deep with plenty of soft spots in them so you had to be patient and not over ride it. The CDR Yamaha team had the bike working great and it's good to get back up here on the box and put this team up where it belongs," Mosig signs off.

While Mosig cashed in on his consistency, team mate Dan Reardon suffered from his inconsistency. Reardon finished fifth on the day with 9-2 results and he was left lamenting what could have been.

Reardon was up the front in moto one and right on the pace when he fell in a rutted turn and lost several positions as he remounted and got back in the race where he crossed the finish line in ninth place.

This time with no mistakes, Reardon was again right up front and engaged in a race long battle for the lead with Adam Monea. The pair raced within an arms-length of one another for nearly 30 minutes but Reardon wasn't able to make a pass and had to settle for second.

"Coulda, woulda, shoulda! It's been the story of my season so far and I need to stay focused and put a full day of racing together," Reardon explains. "The frustrating thing is that I'm putting myself in the right positions to do well, only to make a mistake and throw it all away. We have three rounds left and my goal is to have all remaining six races inside the top three."

The round win by Mosig put a smile on Craig Dack's face and left him buoyed for the final rounds of the championship.

"It was pleasing to see Kade took on board our thoughts and was rewarded with the round win. I have no doubt we have two riders fit enough and fast enough to win races but we needed to reduce the small mistakes. Kade did that today and deserved his round victory.

"Dan just had the issue in race one otherwise both riders should have been on the podium. I can sense his frustration as he is trying so hard to win but he is a smart racer and he will get it sorted for the remaining rounds."

Round eight of the MX Nationals picks up at Nowra in NSW on August 2 and the CDR Yamaha Team will continue their focus on consistency and smart race craft to finish the season strongly.

For more information and full resu @cdryamaha

Round Seven Results - Shepparron
MX1
1st Kade Mosig - 65 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Adam Monea - 60
3rd Kirk Gibbs - 58
4th Luke Styke - 57
5th Dan Reardon - 54 (CDR Yamaha)
6th Jesse Dobson - 52
7th Lawson Bopping - 51
8th Dylan Long - 47
9th Cody Cooper - 47
10th Kale Makeham - 46

Championship Standings - After Round Seven
1st Kirk Gibbs - 471
2nd Luke Styke - 408
3rd Kade Mosig - 397 (CDR Yamaha)
4th Adam Monea - 394
5th Lawson Bopping - 375
6th Dan Reardon - 340 (CDR Yamaha)
7th Jesse Dobson - 340
8th Dylan Long - 338
9th Cody Cooper - 313
10th Kale Makeham - 262
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.