Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Evans and Todd Podium for GYTR Yamaha

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Evans and Todd Podium for #GYTR @Yamaha

For the second round in succession, both GYTR Yamaha riders of Mitch Evans and Wilson Todd, stood on the podium as they pulled down second and third respectively in the MXD division, at round seven of the MX Nationals held over the weekend.

On the tight, rough and tough Shepparton circuit, in Victoria, both riders again showed good speed and fitness to keep the team momentum rolling.

Mitch Evans made the podium for the second time in 2015 with second place overall, bettering his third at the previous round at Raymond Terrace. Evans shadowed the race leader in moto one all the way to the finish line but could never find a way past as the pair streaked away from the pack.

Race two and after a couple of quick passes on the opening laps, he settled into third place and remained there until the completion of the event. His 2-3 scores landed him in second for the round as he continues to gain momentum from his 11 week layoff from injury.

"Today I felt a bit better than last round as I was able to get a little more riding in. After Raymond Terrace my leg was sore, but the week leading into this race I got on the bike a few times and I felt much better.

"Finishing second was a good result and it was nice to be in a battle for the lead. I couldn't really find the right spot to make the pass and Jayden was riding well. In the second race, by the time I got to third, the front two had gone and while I put in a bit of a charge, I was never going to catch them so I stayed in third and finished up second overall," Evans ends.

Wilson Todd overcame a dramatic first race to take third for the round and keep his championship leaders' red plate. With a very ordinary start in race one, Todd was involved in all sorts of issues on the opening lap as the field jostled for positions. He picked his way forward only to fall and drop back outside the top 10 again. Never to give up, he kept on fighting and finished the race in fifth place.

Out for redemption in race two, Todd chased down a six second gap on the race leader and made the pass for the front at the halfway point. He continued to lead the race until a small fall on the last lap and half let the lead slip away but he quickly remounted in second place which is where he stayed until the race end.

Despite the drama, he championship lead remains at 10 points with three rounds remaining.

"I wasn't really happy after that first moto as the opening laps were so frustrating with bikes and riders going everywhere. I had riders get cross rutted in front of me, others fell of and hit me and I was just losing positions just trying to stay upright and out of the way.

"My start was better in race two and I was inside the top five pretty quickly. I moved into second and saw that Jayden had a good gap so I put my head down and tried to make up the time. I managed to reel him in but he was able to pick up where I was faster and he stayed right with me until I fell with just over a lap to go.

"Still with all of that going on, the points gap stayed the same in the championship and I felt like my riding was pretty good so I was able to make the most of my situation which is good in a championship chase," Todd explains.

Round Seven Results - Shepparton
MXD
1st Jayden Rykers - 70
2nd Mitch Evans - 62 (GYTR Yamaha)
3rd Wilson Todd - 58 (GYTR Yamaha)
4th Connor Tierney
5th Bailey Coxon - 50
6th Lachlan Davis - 47
7th Zak Small - 44
8th Lochie Latimer - 44
9th Toby Stevens - 43
10th Blake Parker - 42

Championship Standings - After Round Seven
1st Wilson Todd - 387 (GYTR Yamaha)
2nd Connor Tierney - 377
3rd Jayden Rykers - 363
4th Jesse Madden - 320
5th Bailey Coxon - 311
6th Lachlan Davis - 257
7th Jordan Hill - 254
8th Jonte Reynders - 243
9th Kaleb Barham - 243
10th Toby Stevens - 241
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.