Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Championship Battle Looms for Serco Yamaha

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Championship Battle Looms for @Serco @Yamaha

The Serco Yamaha team had a mixed day as they contested round seven of the MX Nationals. Yamaha's factory supported MX2 team of Luke Clout and Jed Beaton continue to fight on in a very tight championship battle and the Shepparton round show cased both riders fighting spirit.

Luke Clout started his day immediately behind the eight ball when he fell in the opening stages of race one and was left to scramble for any points on offer. Picking up well down the field and outside the paying points, Clout hauled himself all the way back to seventh place by the end of the moto which limited the points' damage.

But the disappointment of race one meant Clout was a man on a mission in race two and hunted down the race leader, Jay Wilson before making his way by. The pair then locked horns for the rest of the moto and distanced themselves from the chasing pack with Clout just hanging on for the race win and to bounce back from the frustration of race one.

"Considering where I was on the opening laps of race one, it turned out to be a reasonable day and I'm still only six points from the championship lead," Clout said. "I hit me head pretty good in the crash and it took me a heap of laps before I started to shake off the effects and get some decent speed.

"The second race might not have been pretty but I just had to get it done and get things back on track. Thanks to the Serco Yamaha team for their support and I can't wait to get to Nowra for the next round."

Jed Beaton battled roost, rocks and mother earth all day on his way to sixth place for the round. Beaton was near the front of race one before he fell and lost vital positions early in the race. He managed to get things rolling again and made his way back to sixth place.

Race two was almost a carbon copy of race one for Beaton who again fell after being in a promising position on the opening laps. Again, he was forced to fight his way forward and made his way back to seventh before the race was over.

Despite the tough day, Beaton still maintains fourth place in the championship chase.

"I'm having a bit of a tough time at the moment, but its only making me more determined," Beaton said.

"I have to keep working hard on my riding and my training and I know the wheel will turn and I will be right back up the front again but I can tell you it's pretty frustrating at the moment.

"We have three rounds to go and I really want to get a few race wins on the board before the season is over," he ends.

The Serco Yamaha team now shift their focus to round eight of the championship at Nowra.

Round Seven Results - Shepparton
MX2
1st Caleb Ward - 62
2nd Takeshi Katsuya - 61
3rd Jay Wilson - 60
4th Luke Clout - 59 (Serco Yamaha)
5th Nathan Crawford - 58
6th Jed Beaton - 49 (Serco Yamaha)
7th Dylan Wills - 49
8th Luke Arbon - 48
9th Riley Graham - 43
10th Wade Hunter - 41

Championship Standings - After Round Seven
1st Jay Wilson - 403
2nd Luke Clout - 397 (Serco Yamaha)
3rd Takeshi Katsuya - 384
4th Jed Beaton - 349 (Serco Yamaha)
5th Wade Hunter - 329
6th Luke Arbon - 327
7th Caleb Ward - 311
8th Nathan Crawford - 292
9th Geran Stapleton - 277
10th Dylan Wills - 273
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.