Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Milwaukee Yamaha's Brookes misses out by 0.001s on pole position

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Milwaukee @Yamaha's Brookes misses out by 0.001s on pole position

Milwaukee Yamaha's Josh Brookes came tantalisingly close to securing pole position at Brands Hatch this afternoon at the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship - missing out by just 0.001s after a push on his final lap of the Datatag Qualifying session.
It was a positive day for the team as Brookes came close to securing the pole position whilst building his race pace for tomorrow's two races, whilst Broc Parkes scored his best qualifying position of the season in seventh place and confident of more following his arm pump surgery last week.

Josh Brookes

"It's still second, it doesn't matter how close - it's still second. My first flyer was quite good and then when I came into the last two corners I ran wide and missed the apex and again the last turn. I knew I could improve on the lap that I did but the next two or three laps I made similar mistakes in other areas and I couldn't piece the lap together properly.
"I was quickly running out of time and the tyre was starting to move around too much, and really hanging it out, so I got one last lap together and I felt like I pieced it together quite smooth and fast but the tyre didn't really have a lot left. For one qualifying lap, you need to use it when it's at its best, so four flying laps wasn't ideal, but it turned out to be a pretty good lap time anyway.
"I am quite pleased to do the lap time, but disappointed to get second. It puts us in a good position for tomorrow's race though and I look forward to that. I think our pace and consistency is quite good. I feel like we've got a good race package and to start from the front row of the grid should give us a good chance to fight with whoever's going for the lead."

Broc Parkes

"It went pretty good today to be honest. I'm quite happy with the feeling on the bike - I can go back to Tuesday this week and I went to see the doctor after I had arm pump surgery and I was a little bit concerned about this weekend.
"Friday morning it was a bit restricted on movement but I felt quite good on the bike, the most positive thing is that I haven't got the arm pump at all and I feel really good over more laps I can pull the brake really hard and that's been my problem so far this year during races.
"I got my best qualifying of the year here - P7 on the grid, third row - normally I make a good start and get away so hopefully I can fight at the front. I think the two - Shakey and Josh - have got a little bit better pace than everybody else, but it's been quite warm here, great conditions so far. I like it like that, and I like this track, so hopefully tomorrow we can get some good points and show again that I can run at the front. I'm probably feeling the most confident and comfortable on the bike that I've felt all year - looking forward to the race tomorrow!"

2015 BSB United Kingdom

Brands Hatch 18/07/2015

1 Shane Byrne Kawasaki GBR 1'25.331
2 Joshua Brookes Yamaha AUS 1'25.332
3 Michael Laverty Aprilia GBR 1'25.716
4 Richard Cooper Kawasaki GBR 1'25.869
5 Stuart Easton Kawasaki GBR 1'25.948
6 James Ellison Kawasaki GBR 1'25.982
7 Broc Parkes
Yamaha
AUS 1'26.138
8 Ryuichi Kiyonari BMW JPN 1'26.148
10 Luke Mossey Kawasaki GBR 1'26.234
11 Thomas Bridewell BMW GBR 1'26.237
12 Jason O'Halloran Honda AUS 1'26.256
13 Christian Iddon Suzuki GBR 1'26.291
14 James Westmoreland Kawasaki GBR 1'26.380
15 Peter Hickman BMW GBR 1'26.468
16 Lee Jackson BMW GBR 1'26.518

Circuit Length:
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.