Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Top Five Results For Yamaha At EWC GP of Belgium

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Top Five Results For @Yamaha At EWC GP of #Belgium

Marc Bourgeois and Cristobal Guerrero secure top five results for Yamaha Racing at the FIM Enduro World Championship's GP of Belgium.
The GP of Belgium saw a strong outing from Yamaha France's supported Marc Bourgeois. Fighting hard on day one, Bourgeois held off the attacks from Cristobal Guerrero to claim fourth. With conditions deteriorating for day two, Bourgeois tried his best to repeat his previous result, but suffering from a couple of mistakes, he slipped back one position to fifth.
It was a bittersweet weekend for Team Yamaha Miglio's Guerrero. Determined to get his season back on track, he put in a strong performance on day one. Pushing hard from the outset, the Yamaha rider was locked in a close battle for fourth during the majority of the day. However a small mistake on the final test was enough to see him drop back to fifth.
Starting day two inside the top five, Guerrero was eager to improve, but his luck ran out on the second enduro test when he crashed heavily and was forced to call retire from the day.
Continuing to gain valuable experience in the EWC, Gianluca Martini claimed a pair of top ten results. Tenth on day one, the Italian improved to take eighth on day two.
The FIM Enduro World Championship concludes with the GP of France in Requista on October 3/4.

Marc Bourgeois
"It's been a good weekend. This was a tough race and the track was very difficult in places. It was rough, tough and technical. I felt good on my WR250F and enjoyed a close battle both days. I was pleased to finish inside the top five with my best result of fourth coming on day one. Cristobal and myself were pushing hard and I really enjoyed the battle with him. Now there's just one round left in the championship - my home race in France - where hopefully I can deliver a memorable result."

Gianluca Martini

"Overall, it was a good race. Day one didn't start that well as I had two crashes and lost some precious time. It was hard to recover from that. Day two was much better for me, I had a good feeling on my WR250F throughout the day and I'm pleased with my eight place finish. I'm getting more comfortable riding at this pace in the World Championship so I feel we're on the right path."

Results – FIM Enduro World Championship, Round 6

DAY 1 - Enduro 1
1. Eero Remes (TM) 1:11:25.18
2. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 1:12:27.44
3. Daniel McCanney (Husqvarna) 1:12:38.57
4. Marc Bourgeois (Yamaha) 1:13:04.49
5. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 1:13:11.85
10. Gianluca Martini (Yamaha) 1:14:53.77

DAY 2 - Enduro
1. Eero Remes (TM) 56:20.35
2. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 56:34.18
3. Lorenzo Santolino (Sherco) 57:11.61
5. Marc Bourgeois (Yamaha) 58:01.39
9. Gianluca Martini (Yamaha) 59:13.06

Championship Standings (After Round Six)
1. Eero Remes (TM) 221pts
2. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 214pts
3. Daniel McCanney (Husqvarna) 157pts
5. Marc Bourgeois (Yamaha) 134pts
7. Cristobal Guerrero (Yamaha) 101pts
8. Gianluca Martini (Yamaha) 83pts
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.