Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TOP-6 FOR STRIJBOS & COLDENHOFF IN LATVIA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TOP-6 FOR @STRIJBOS & @COLDENHOFF IN #LATVIA

Team Suzuki Press Office – July 11.

The Grand Prix of Latvia launched under changeable skies at the circuit of Kegums and through the shallow sand Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MXGP’s Kevin Strijbos chased his brand-mate Glenn Coldenhoff to sixth position in Saturday’s Qualification Heat.

Showers on Friday afternoon and evening gave the orange terrain ample watering and the occasional light shower on Saturday and through two practice sessions and the 20-minute heat race meant cool and mixed conditions. The course provided a challenge of fine soil and hard-packed terrain with some demands in terms of traction and working on bike set-up.

Strijbos struggled to find a feeling around the layout and made some modifications to his RM-Z450 that he continued to refine in Timed Practice but was two seconds away from the fastest lap. Switching to his spare bike and the original setting from Germany, Strijbos made a mediocre start, and although he pulled through to sixth and the rear wheel of Coldenhoff, was still not particularly-happy with his riding. The Belgian now has the warm-up session on Sunday morning to find the best solution for the two 30-minute and two-lap motos.

Coldenhoff made a decent getaway on the RM-Z 450 and was part of the top-five for the majority of the race. The Dutchman used his rapid sand skills to find the quickest pace and most efficient lines at Kegums. He closed up to the back of Tommy Searle and was less than half-a-second from registering his best qualification position of the season at the finish line.

Clouds, showers and sunshine are also predicted for race day tomorrow.

Kevin Strijbos:

“A difficult day. I didn't feel good in the Free Practice so we changed the suspension and linkage for Timed Practice and I still didn't feel great. For the Qualification Heat I took my spare bike with the same engine setting from the Grand Prix of Germany and the old linkage and not like the one we tested last week in the sand in Lommel. The Heat race was the first time I could put in some really fast laps today and it took time for me to build up speed. We’ll make some minor changes in warm-up just to help me flow more with the bike in the corners. Sixth is not the best result but I hope we will be better tomorrow.”

MXGP Qualification Heat result: 1. Gautier Paulin (FRA, Honda), 24:54.038; 2. Romain Febvre (FRA, Yamaha), +0:00.359; 3. Evgeny Bobryshev (RUS, Honda), +0:26.663; 4. Tommy Searle (GBR, KTM), +0:27.892; 5. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, Rockstar Energy Suzuki), +0:28.298; 6. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki), +0:30.087; 7. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, Yamaha), +0:31.388; 8. Tyla Rattray (RSA, Kawasaki), +0:38.978; 9. Shaun Simpson (GBR, KTM), +0:40.011; 10. Filip Bengtsson (SWE, Honda), +0:46.458.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.