Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

INJURED KNEE FOR VINALES; DISLOCATED SHOULDER FOR HERRERA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

INJURED KNEE FOR #VINALES; DISLOCATED SHOULDER FOR #HERRERA

It was a tough day on the track for the two Husqvarna Laglisse riders Isaac Vinales and Maria Herrera at Round 9 of the 2015 Moto3 World Championship with Vinales having to ride through the pain of sprained knee ligaments and Herrera likewise having to deal with the aftermath of a dislocated left shoulder.

Vinales had a particularly difficult task tackling the short and exacting German circuit because 10 of the 13 corners are to the left. He and Herrera were also among a group of 10 riders who were penalized three grid positions and denied the first 10 minutes of warm-up time on Sunday morning for riding what race officials deemed was too slow on the racing line in Saturday’s qualifying.

Despite these setbacks, Vinales fought through the pain in his knee and finished the race in eighteenth place. Herrera, who was new to the German circuit had a collision with another rider while locked in a battle for twenty-second place in the latter part of the race and had to retire after coming down hard on her back. While the German outing did not bring the expected results for the team, the two riders now have a little breathing space to recover from their injuries before the next round in Indianapolis on August 9.

Isaac Vinales: “I hit my left knee in the warm-up and tore a ligament and am in a lot of pain. The clinic strapped it and told me I should do what I could manage and on the grid I didn’t believe I could do more than a couple of laps. I gave what I could because most of the corners are to the left.” finales is now eighth on the championship points table.
Next Round: Indanapolis August 9, 2015

PIC CAPTION 1: Vinales in action on the Sachsenring Circuit
PIC CAPTION 2: Herrera hoping for a change of fortunes in next round at Indianapolis

Moto3 Results
1, Danny Kent, GBR, Honda, 39:29.359
2, Efren Vazquez, ESP, Honda, 39:36.913
3, Enea Bastianini, ITA, Honda, 39:38.962
4, Romano Fenati, ITA, KTM, 39:38.988
5, Niccolo Antonelli, ITA, Honda, 39:39:023

18, Isaac Vinales, ESP, Husqvarna, 39:58.837
DNF Maria Herrera, ESP, Husqvarna

Moto3 Standings after Round 9
1, Kent, 190
2, Bastianini, 124
3, Oliveira, 102
4, Fenati, 99
5, Vazquez, 96
8, Isaac Viñales, ESP, Husqvarna, 64
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.