Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

FENATI FASTEST KTM RIDER AT SACHSENRING MOTO3

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@FENATI FASTEST @KTM #RIDER AT #SACHSENRING #MOTO3

Romano Fenati narrowly missed a podium third to be the fastest KTM rider home at the MotoGP Moto3 Round 9 at Germany’s Sachsenring on Sunday. Fenati looked set to take the minor podium place but lost out by a couple of thousandths of a second right on the finish line. The race went to Danny Kent of the UK, with teammate Efren Vazquez in second and Italian Enea Bastianini third.

Red Bull KTM Ajo’s Brad Binder and Karel Hanika were major players in the second group of riders fighting for third place for the majority of the race. Binder, who was on the podium at this circuit last year, lost out in the final stages and went on to finish a solid seventh.

Hanika, who had qualified third on the front row but got bumped up to second after race officials penalized 10 riders for riding too slow on the racing line in Saturday’s qualifying. He got away strongly and was race leader going into the first corner. Both he and Binder were in a group of riders that swapped the first five positions in the first half of the race, but in the second half, it was his South African colleague who was able to stay in the forefront of the tight pack of riders fighting for third. Niiklas Ajo (KTM) took the final top ten position while German rider Philipp Oettl (KTM) finished eleventh.
Red Bull KTM Ajo’s lead rider Miguel Oliveira was not on the start because he fractured a bone in his hand in a crash in the opening Free Practice on Friday and returned to Portugal for surgery. Oliveira, who won the last round at Assen (NL), is still third on the points standings and is expected to be back on the track when riders contest Round 10 at Indianapolis in the USA on August 9. Binder is currently sixth in the points and Hanika is fourteenth.

Brad Binder: “At the beginning of the race I felt very strong, as always, and I made a good start where I overtook several riders. We could not match the pace of Danny [Kent] and Efren [Vazquez] but for three quarters of the race I felt very comfortable. I made some mistakes on the closing laps and was passed, so I'm not very happy about that.”

Karel Hanika: "The beginning of the race was good for me because I had a good pace. Unfortunately I could not keep up with the frontrunners and I was in a group that was fairly fast. The second part of the race was quite disappointing: A few riders overtook me and I lost a lot of time on the exit of the last corner and on the home straight, dropping a few positions there. I tried to recover the places, but it was difficult. I'm a little disappointed, but I think at the next race we can do better."

Red Bull KTM Ajo Team Manager Aki Ajo: It was not an easy race for us and on a difficult weekend because of the injury Miguel [Oliveira] suffered. We hope he recovers soon. It seems that so far this has not been the best track for us. We must analyze what happened and see why we were pretty strong at the beginning of the race, but not on the final laps. We will look at both the riders and consider what we can improve on the bike. We have to accept the situation and be happy that Brad [Binder] was in the group fighting for the podium at the end of the race. Now we have the summer break and we will analyze all the data we have to start strong in the second half of the season.”
Next Round: round 10 Indianapolis August 9

MotoGP of Germany at the Sachsenring - Round 9
Moto3 Results
1, Danny Kent, GBR, Honda, 39:29.359
2, Efren Vazquez, ESP, Honda, 39:36.913
3, Enea Bastianini, ITA, Honda, 39:38.962
4, Romano Fenati, ITA, KTM, 39:38.988
5, Niccolo Antonelli, ITA, Honda, 39:39:023
6, Jorge Navarro, ESP, Honda, 39:39.166
7, Brad Binder, RSA, KTM, 39:39.196
8, Alexis Masbou, FRA, Honda, 39:39.625
9, Andrea Locatelli, ITA, Honda, 39:39.711
10, Niklas Ajo, FIN, KTM, 39:40.917
Other KTM
11, Philipp Oettl, GER, KTM, 39:41.136
13, Karel Hanika, CZE, KTM, 39:47.785
14, Jakub Kornfeil, CZE, KTM, 39:58.141
19, Zulfahmi Khairuddin, MAL, KTM, 39:59.109
21, Andrea Migno ITA, KTM, 40:16.017
26, Gabriel Rodrigo, ARG, KTM, 40:35.484
37, Jonas Geitner, GER, KTM, 40:53.796
DNF, Ana Carrasco, ESP, KTM, 34:18.024
DNS, Miguel Oliveira, POR, KTM
Moto3 Standings after Round 9
1, Kent, 190
2, Bastianini, 124
3, Oliveira, 102
4, Fenati, 99
5, Vazquez, 96
6, B. Binder, 75
7, Quartararo, 74
8, Isaac Viñales, ESP, Husqvarna, 64
9, Antonelli, 60
10, Francesco Bagnaia, ITA, Honda, 55
Other KTM
14, Hanika, 29
16, Oettl, 23
17, Ajo, 21
18, Kornfeil, 19
19, Migno, 16
25, Khairuddin, 2
Moto3 Manufacturers Standings after Round 9
1, Honda, 210
2, KTM, 149
3, Mahindra, 65
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.