Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Gearlink Kawasaki Knockhill

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Gearlink #Kawasaki #Knockhill

Motorpoint British Supersport

It was another mixed weekend for the Gearlink Kawasaki team at round five of the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship at Knockhill Circuit. Glenn Irwin had a fantastic weekend and took a win in the sprint race on Saturday and a solid third place on Sunday. Luke Hedger on the satellite team gained a sixth and eighth place. Ben Wilson once again was unfortunate to crash out of both races.

Glenn Irwin worked hard throughout the weekend and after a long delay due to adverse weather conditions they finally got out for qualifying. He was able to qualify in fourth place just 0.1 off pole sitter Luke Stapleford. Glenn got a fantastic start in the opening Sprint race and was away near the front. He had a dice with Luke Stapleford and Jake Dixon exchanging positions several times on the opening laps. By lap three Glenn was out to the front and rode a fantastic race to hold off several challenges from behind to take his second consecutive win of the season.

In race two he started from second place on the grid behind Jake Dixon and he got a great start and was once again leading the race. The safety car was deployed on lap 10 after Ben Wilson crashed out heavily. When the car returned to the pits Glenn was caught out instantly by Kyle Ryde over the line into turn one. Glenn stuck on the back wheel of Kyle Ryde and despite losing some time initially was able to re-group and pull him closer. The pair got stuck behind a back-marker which allowed Jake Dixon to sneak underneath Glenn into the hairpin on the last lap.

Ben Wilson was having a good weekend and his practice and qualifying times saw him running up near the front again. He managed to qualify for race one in sixth place for the 18-lap race. He had a great start and was looking to fight for a podium but caught the back wheel of a rider into the hairpin at the end of the opening lap, crashing out and ending his race.

Luke Hedger once again on the satellite Gearlink Kawasaki team had another consistent weekend and was sixth in race one. In race two the former Superstock 600 Champion had a problem on the out-lap, he pulled into pit lane and the team worked frantically to get him out, he started the race from pit lane, dug deep and secured a solid eighth place.

Glenn Irwin - "It was really good to fight for the win at Knockhill and once again I feel confident and competitive. The Gearlink Kawasaki team have once again worked really hard to make adjustments and improvements to the bike and I feel we have a great package now. To take the win and fairly is a great feeling and I want to thank everyone involved in making that happen.

It was another great weekend and again we have managed to make massive improvements. I messed up on the last lap in the second race. The back-marker brought Jake up close to us and he got underneath me on the last corner. I'm really pleased with the progress we have made and so pleased to be back fighting at the front, roll on Brands. I would like to dedicate my podium results to Dr John Hinds he was a great asset to the sport and will be sadly missed."

Ben Wilson - "I'm just gutted and there aren't any words to really describe how I feel about the last two race weekends. It's just heart-breaking as I just want to do well and get some good results but that went wrong again this weekend. I need to have further x-rays and scans to determine what damage I have done to my shoulder but hope to be back out at Brands."

Luke Hedger - "The weekend was good, I did struggle to find a set-up that suited me here but we worked hard and the Gearlink Kawasaki felt good in the races and I managed to go faster in each session. It was a shame I had to start the last race from pit-lane but everyone rallied round to get me out on the track and I really appreciate their help and I managed to salvage eighth place and some good Championship points."

MCE British Superbike

Michael Rutter returned to the Gearlink Kawasaki team this weekend at the Knockhill Circuit riding the Kawasaki ZX-10R and he made some more improvements to the bike qualifying in 20th position on the grid for the opening race on Sunday. He had a great first race and managed to get the team their first ever Superbike Championship points when he secured 13th place. In the mixed conditions in race two he finished 18th.

Michael Rutter - "It was good to be back riding with the team again this weekend and we are continuing to make improvements on the bike and this weekend were able to secure a couple of Championship points. It is interesting working with the team and helping them make steps forward with their Superbike."

Team Manager Michael de Bidaph - "It was another mixed weekend for the Gearlink Kawasaki team but certainly a much better one in development with the Supersport bikes.

Glenn had a fantastic weekend with his win on Saturday and third place on Sunday and we are now equally leading the Championship, with joint points with Luke Stapleford. Glenn was on a high this weekend and we knew he would go well. He has the hunger and also is riding superbly in all the sessions. We have made some very good progress with the bike and hope this will continue for the rest of the year and it will allow Glenn to keep fighting for the title.

It was another really tough weekend for Ben and he crashed out of both races, he is trying so hard for a result and maybe pushing a little too hard. He had a big off in the second race and will undergo further scans to see what damage he has done but we hope to see him back at Brands and fighting for that podium he so wishes for.

Luke did not race at Knockhill last year and once again gained a couple of very solid results and points. He was injured last season so missed this round. He got eighth today from pit-lane which was a great result and his times were fast and he is certainly making very good progress.

Michael secured our first points this season on the Superbike in the opening race and we have continued to make developments on the bike and his input in invaluable."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.