Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Luke Mossey - Knockhill Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Luke Mossey - Knockhill #Quattro Plant #TECcare #Kawasaki

Luke Mossey and the Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki team secured a strong eighth place in race one of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Knockhill and was unlucky to crash out a brilliant fourth place in race two.

Luke was having another good weekend and was riding well in the practice sessions on Friday; the times the Superbike riders were setting were so close that 0.1 made a huge difference. Luke once again had a great qualifying getting through the first two qualifying sessions and making it to the final ten. He ended up qualifying in tenth for the opening Superbike race on Sunday.

In race one Luke got a good start and was up to eighth after the opening lap, after the safety car returned to pit lane after an incident Luke had to battle with Tommy Bridewell and after the 30 laps Luke finished in a solid eighth. His lap times were consistent throughout the race and it secured him sixth place on the grid next to the current British Superbike Champion, Shane 'Shakey' Byrne.

Luke struggled off the start and was ninth after lap one but by lap five made his way up to sixth; on lap 18 of the 30-lap race the rain started and the race was red-flagged. After a small break the track dried and was re-started as an 11-lap race. Luke started from sixth place and got a good start, he worked his way passed Kiyonari and then made a move on Michael Laverty and was up to a fantastic fourth place. On the penultimate lap Luke was unfortunate to crash out of what would have been his best Superbike result; he certainly showed the pace and looked very comfortable on the bike.

Luke Mossey - "I'm really disappointed to have crashed out of fourth place for the team more than anything. Everything has been going really well this weekend and I felt so comfortable of the Teccare Quattro Plant Kawasaki and the team really worked so hard to find a good set up for me on the Superbike here at Knockhill.

I was really pleased with another solid top ten position in race one and was feeling confident for race two as we just kept improving on the times throughout the weekend. I felt really strong in race two and was a bit worried when the rain started but it soon dried up. I got a good start and made a couple of clean passes on Kiyo and Michael and I felt good, I just tucked the front and that was my race done. I'm just really sorry to the team and my sponsors and hopefully we will bounce back at Brands."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.