Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DUNGEY FINISHES 2ND AT REDBUD; CONTINUES TO LEAD 450-CLASS POINTS

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DUNGEY FINISHES 2ND AT #REDBUD; CONTINUES TO LEAD 450-CLASS POINTS

@RedBull @KTM Factory rider Ryan Dungey picked up a 1-2 result for second overall at the seventh round of the 450 Pro Motocross Championship Series at Red Bud Motocross Facility, Buchanan Michigan and maintains his lead in the championship points.

Dungey’s Red Bull KTM Factory teammate Marvin Musquin finished sixth overall in the 250-class while the third member of the team, Justin Hill, struggled in the conditions and finished fourteenth overall.
450-class
Dungey got a great start at the gate drop of moto one. He came around the first corner in third place and quickly moved into second. He remained in second place for the first half of the moto before making a pass on Justin Barcia to take over the lead. Once out front, he pulled a small gap and went on to take the first moto win.

In moto two, Dungey got another good start, again sitting second after the first corner. He trailed Barcia from the start never falling more than two seconds behind him. On the final lap, Dungey moved within a second of Barcia. He pressured for the lead but couldn’t make the pass and had to settle for second. His 1-2 moto scores earned him second overall for the day.

“In the big picture we made ground today and gained some points toward the championship,” stated Dungey. “I really wanted the 1-1 today but was unable to make the pass. Overall, I’m happy on the day and glad to be leading the way.” The Red Bull athlete competes on the KTM 450 SX-F machine.

Now seven rounds into the series, Dungey leads the championship point standings by 44 points.

250-class
In moto one, Musquin, also a Red Bull athlete pulled a fifth place start but quickly moved into the top three and advanced to second a few laps later. He then he fell in a corner and lost the position before scrambling back to fourth and held the position to the finish. Meanwhile, Hill started the race in sixth place and spent the first half of the race fighting for that position. A mistake near the halfway point dropped him to tenth. He eventually fell one more position and finished the moto in eleventh.

Musquin was quick out of the gates to be second at the start of his second race. He remained close to the lead rider for the first few laps but then fell slightly off the pace. Then a few mistakes mid-moto and went on to cross the line in sixth place. With his 4-6 moto scores, the team’s French rider had to settle for sixth overall for the day.

Hill did not have any better luck in the second moto. He got away at eleventh place and remained there for the first half of the race. With only three laps to go, he too crashed and lost about four positions. He was in sixteenth place when he crossed the line and his 11-16 results placed him fourteenth for the day.

“I actually felt pretty good today,” stated Hill after the race. “I just need to work on my starts so I don’t have to spend so much time trying to come back through the pack.”

Now seven rounds into the series, Musquin is second overall in the point standings by a deficit of seven points.
US PRO MX at RedBud, Buchanan, MI
Results (Round 7)
450-class
1, Justin Barcia, Yamaha
2, Ryan Dungey, KTM (1-2)
3, Ken Roczen, Suzuki
4, Broc Tickle, Suzuki
5, Weston Peick
6, Christophe Pourcel, Husqvarna
7, Fredrik Noren,
8, Blake Baggett, Suzuki
9, Justin Brayton, KTM
10, Tommy Hahn
11, Jason Anderson, Husqvarna

450-class points after Round 7
1, Dungey, 303
2, Roczen, 259
3, Barcia, 240
4, Baggett, 135
5, Anderson 178
6, Tickle 158
7, Pourcel, 157
8, Weston Peick 140
9, Nicoletti, 132
10, Tomac, 125

Results 250-class (Round 7)
1, Jeremy Martin, Yamaha
2, Zach Osborne, Husqvarna
3, Cooper Webb, Yamaha
4, Christian Craig
5, Alex Martin, Yamaha
6, Marvin Musquin, KTM (4-6)
7, Aaron Plessinger
8, Chris Alldredge
9, Jessy Nelson, KTM
10, RJ Hampshire

250-class points after Round 7
1, J. Martin, 298
2, Musquin, 291
3, Osborne 207
4, Savatgy, 191
5, A. Martin, 188
6, Nelson, 188

Next Round: Spring Creek, July 18, Millville MN.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.