Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MXGP Season Best Fourth For Ferris

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#MXGP Season Best Fourth For Ferris

@Husqvarna Motorcycles', Dean Ferris secured his best result of the 2015 FIM Motocross World Championship with a closely fought fourth overall in Uddevalla, Sweden.

With round 11 of the series heading north to Sweden, the tough and technical Uddevalla circuit marked yet another strong showing for the Swedish Husqvarna brand with Ferris and Todd Waters placing fourth and fifth overall in the highly competitive MXGP class.

Claiming a season best overall result of fourth, Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Dean Ferris delivered an impressive performance at the MXGP of Sweden. Starting top three in both races, the Australian placed well in the early stages of each race. Holding down a top three position for the first 20 minutes of race one, the Husqvarna rider later lost a little momentum during the final laps and slipped back to sixth.

Making amends for his previous mistake, he attacked hard during the early stages of race two. Locked in a lengthy battle for third with defending champion Antonio Cairoli, Ferris – unable to find a way past him – was forced to settle for fourth, just missing out on the overall podium by two points.

Round 11 of the MXGP series was another solid outing for Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Todd Waters. Determined to show the same form that saw him capture his debut podium result at the recent GP of Italy, Waters began race one in seventh. Gelling with the loose and technical Swedish track, the Husqvarna rider found some good lines as it deteriorated and worked his way up to fourth.

An overly watered course for race two left things more difficult for him. Not making the best of starts, Waters was unable to attack like he wanted to. Settling into things as the racing line improved, Waters progressed to seventh and ended his weekend fifth overall.

Making his competitive return to racing, Nathan Watson was a welcomed addition to the MXGP start line. Despite being absent since round four of the series, Watson was quick to get back up to speed. Placing a confidence building 11th in race one, the Husqvarna rider ended race two in 13th to secure 12th overall.

In the manufacture’s standings Husqvarna Motorcycles continue to lead the way after round 11 with a 14-point lead.

The FIM Motocross World Championship continues with the MXGP of Latvia in Kegums on July 12.

Dean Ferris: “It’s hard to fault this weekend. Getting my best overall result of the season here in Uddevalla for Husqvarna is brilliant. I would love to have got onto the podium – that’s my goal every time I race – but to end this MXGP just two points shy of it is very pleasing. I feel like I’ve got my starts dialled in now – I was top three both races – and that was a massive help on a tricky track like this. I rode great in race two and had a long battle with Antonio Cairoli while holding off pressure from behind. So overall it’s been good and I’m already keen to get to Latvia for next weekend.”

Todd Waters: “I definitely feel like the confidence is building every time I’m out on track. The team has been working hard and with a few things we’ve changed and stepped up in training the results are coming more consistently. Race one was real good. My start wasn’t perfect but I was picking good lines and riding a smart race to work my way forward. Coming from about seventh or eighth to fourth on a difficult track like this was good. I wanted the same in race two but the watering of the track made it like an ice rink in places and the early laps were a bit sketchy. Once things settled down I wasn’t able to gain any ground and had to settle for seventh. But top five overall is a good positive to bring into Latvia.”

Nathan Watson: “I’m happy to be back out on track again. I’ve been out of the MXGP since round four so just being back racing is a positive for me. My target is the top ten and this weekend I got close to achieving that. Ninth in timed training was a good confidence boost. Unfortunately my starts weren’t strong enough and in race one I had to fight back to 11th. Race two was going similarly well but I caught a side panel in a deep rut and it was flapping about. It unnerved me somewhat and I backed things off a little to make sure I got home in one piece.”

Results – FIM Motocross World Championship, Round 11

MXGP Overall
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 50pts; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 38; 3. Kevin Strijbos (Suzuki) 35; 4. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 33; 5. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 32… 12. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 18…

MXGP Race 1
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 19 laps 34:28.955; 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 34:43.062; 3. Shaun Simpson (KTM) 34:47.052; 4. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 34:47.483; 5. Gautier Paulin (Honda) 34:49.114; 6. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 34:54.223… 11. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 35:18.223…

MXGP Race 2
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 19 laps 35:12.538; 2. Kevin Strijbos (Suzuki) 35:13.833; 3. Antonio Cairoli (KTM) 35:44.246; 4. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 35:46.148; 5. Jeremy Van Horebeek (Yamaha) 35:52.647… 7. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 35:57.773… 13. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 36:41.750…

Championship Standings (After Round 11)

MXGP
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 419pts; 2. Antonio Cairoli (KTM) 380; 3. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 360… 9. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 224… 13. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 164… 25. Rui Gonclaves (Husqvarna) 33; 26. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 30…

MX2
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 423pts; 2. Tim Gajser (Honda) 345; 3. Valentin Guillod (Yamaha) 335… 9. Aleksandr Tonkov (Husqvarna) 256… 25. Anton Lundgren (Husqvarna) 33… 33. Maykal Grisha Ivanov (Husqvarna) 13…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.